If you’re in the market for just about any household device right now, you’re smart enough to know that you want built-in compatibility with Amazon Alexa. Whether it’s a thermostat, a light bulb or anything in between, you want to be able to control it with Alexa. For stuff in and around your house that you already own, there’s also a way to add Alexa capabilities. Check out the Etekcity Mini Smart Plug, which plugs in between a wall outlet and any device, and allows you to control it using Alexa.
Here are some key details from the product page:
- ALEXA, MEET YOUR NEW OUTLET: With the free VeSync app, program multiple smart outlets to your phone, so different devices at home are right at your fingertip. Also works with Amazon Alexa Echo. When configuring, it only supports a 2.4GHz Wi-Fi network and it can support both 2.4GHz and 5GHz WiFi, even the celluar data when using
- EXPERTLY MANAGE HOME: Customize the way you run your home. Schedule when your WiFi wall outlets turn on/off so you can get on with living
- SAVE ENERGY: Scheduling your outlets at home can eliminate wasteful use of your electricity, and help you save on bills! Your devices can in turn last longer. The VeSync app can track how much power each device uses, and how often it is used
- ALL WITHIN REACH: Instead of reaching for outlets and plugs every time, centralize control to your smartphone or tablet via the VeSync app anytime you have a Wi-Fi connection. Ideal for hard-to-reach appliances & devices without ON/OFF switches
- LOW STANDBY POWER CONSUMPTION: After a power outage, outlets will retain their most recent setting to save energy. Does not work with Google Home, Smarthing, Homekit, or IFTTT. Do not exceed the maximum load current of 10A (approximately 1200W). 2-year warranty
Follow @BGRDeals on Twitter to keep up with the latest and greatest deals we find around the web.
BGR Deals content is independent of Editorial and Advertising, and BGR may receive a commission on purchases made through our posts.