Apple’s new HomePod would be a pretty terrific smart speaker… if it had Alexa. There’s precious little question that Alexa is currently the best in the business when it comes to virtual personal assistants that power smart speakers. Amazon’s open approach has wooed thousands of third parties that have integrated Alexa skills into their products and services. Now, with Father’s Day fast approaching, Amazon just kicked off a new limited-time sale that drops the Amazon Echo to its lowest price of 2017. Grab one for your father, grab one for your mother, and maybe even grab one for yourself, and you’ll save $40 per speaker. You read that correctly — Amazon slashed the Echo’s price to just $139.99, an all-time low that matches last year’s Black Friday sale.
Here’s what you need to know about the Echo:
- Plays all your music from Amazon Music, Spotify, Pandora, iHeartRadio, TuneIn, and more using just your voice
- Introducing Alexa calling and messaging, a new way to be together with family and friends. Just ask Alexa to call or message anyone with an Echo, Echo Dot, or the Alexa App.
- Fills the room with immersive, 360º omni-directional audio
- Hears you from across the room with far-field voice recognition, even while music is playing
- Answers questions, reads the news, reports traffic and weather, reads audiobooks from Audible, gives info on local businesses, provides sports scores and schedules, and more using the Alexa Voice Service
- Controls lights, fans, switches, thermostats, garage doors, sprinklers, locks, and more with compatible connected devices from WeMo, Philips Hue, Samsung SmartThings, Nest, ecobee, and others
- Always getting smarter and adding new features, plus thousands of skills like Uber, Domino’s, DISH, and more
This sale only lasts until the end of the day on Saturday, June 17th, so you’d better hurry.
Follow @BGRDeals on Twitter to keep up with the latest and greatest deals we find around the web.
BGR Deals content is independent of Editorial and Advertising, and BGR may receive a commission on purchases made through our posts.