You pull out your phone with just enough time to pop open the camera and frame the perfect photo before it’s too late. Time is always of the essence when you’re shooting real-life scenes and another second or two would have been too late. Your iPhone focuses, you snap the shutter button and boom… the dreaded “not enough storage” message pops up on your screen just as your subject vanishes. That’s right, your iPhone was already full of photos and videos, and you didn’t have enough storage to save another one.
It’s happened to us all at one point or another, but one simple device will help make sure it never happens again. Check out the SanDisk iXpand Flash Drive, which works with any iPhone or iPad that has a Lightning connector, and could be the best purchase you make this year.
The iXpand flash drive features a Lightning plug on one end and a standard USB plug on the other. Using a free companion app, you can save all the photos and videos on your iPhone to the drive. Then you can keep them there or connect to your Mac or Windows PC and save them on your hard drive.
Some product highlights:
- Free up space on your iPhone by moving photos and videos to your iXpand flash
- Automatically back up photos and videos from your camera
- Automatically back up your contacts
- Watch popular video on your iPhone or iPad
- Designed with a flexible connector to fit through most iPhone cases
- High-speed USB 3.0 transfer to and from your computer
- Secure file storage across your computer, iPhone and iPad
- Videos automatically saved to the drive if captured from within the iXpand Drive app
The 32GB model is linked here and is on sale for $40, but there are also 64GB and 128GB models linked on the product page if you need more storage.
Follow @BGRDeals on Twitter to keep up with the latest and greatest deals we find around the web.
BGR Deals content is independent of Editorial and Advertising, and BGR may receive a commission on purchases made through our posts.