If you purchase an independently reviewed product or service through a link on our website, we may receive an affiliate commission.
We told you about the Huawei Mate 9 a few months ago when it was first released. This sleek Android phone is cool for a few reasons, not the least of which is the fact that it’s a flagship Android phone that costs hundreds less than a comparable iPhone or Galaxy S8. It’s packed with cutting-edge specs along with a big, bright 5.9-inch display, and the huge 4,000 mAh battery will carry you through the day and then some. But the most noteworthy thing about the phone is probably the fact that it’s the first official “Alexa phone” in the world.
That’s right, the Huawei Mate 9 is the first smartphone to include full Amazon Alexa support baked right in. The only problem was that Alexa integration actually wasn’t ready when the phone first launched. Huawei and Amazon are good to go now though, and a software update has been released that finally adds Alexa to the phone.
Here are some of the things you can do with Alexa on the Mate 9, per CNET:
- Control home automation and smart home devices
- Order products from Amazon
- Sync with Google Calendar and ask Alexa about your schedule
- Have Alexa read you the news
- Ask any questions you would normally ask Alexa
- Activate it by setting up a knuckle control on the Mate 9
- 1 10-Pack KN95 (EUA Listed Appendix A Authorized Respirator), Protective Face Mask, Disposable Pa…
- 2 AccuMed Face Mask (Headband), Cup Style Mask, (20 Count)
- 3 PURELL Advanced Hand Sanitizer, Refreshing Gel, Clean Scent, 8 fl oz Sanitizer Table Top Pump B…
- 4 Lysol RAC84251 Disinfecting Wipes, 7 x 8, Lemon/Lime, 80 Wipes/Canister, 3/Pack
Follow @BGRDeals on Twitter to keep up with the latest and greatest deals we find around the web. Prices subject to change without notice and any coupons mentioned above may be available in limited supply.