The Nest Learning Thermostat is the gadget that started it all. Thanks to Nest’s intelligent design, people realized how inefficient dumb thermostats were, and how much money they were essentially throwing away by using them. Fast-forward to 2017, however, and the market is flooded with smart thermostats that bring sleek designs and intelligent features for a fraction of the cost of a Nest. The Honeywell Lyric T5 Wi-Fi Smart Thermostat is a perfect example. It looks beautiful, it works with both Amazon Alexa and Apple’s Siri assistant, and it costs less than half of what you would pay for a Nest.
Here are some highlights from the product page:
- Control your Smart Home with Amazon Alexa for voice control (Alexa device sold separately) and Apple HomeKit with voice control using Siri, the Apple voice assistant
- 7-Day Flexible Scheduling or Location Based Temperature control (GeoFencing)
- Adaptive recovery learns how long it takes to achieve the right temperature at the right time and automatically runs your system to get to your desired temperature when you want it, with auto change from heat to cool
- Smart Alerts – push notifications for filter changes and extreme temperature warnings keeps you informed
- Easy to install using Honeywell’s exclusive UWP wallplate. Works with Amazon Alexa, Apple HomeKit(TM) and IFTTT
Follow @BGRDeals on Twitter to keep up with the latest and greatest deals we find around the web.
BGR Deals content is independent of Editorial and Advertising, and BGR may receive a commission on purchases made through our posts.