There are so many connected devices out there that companies call “smart,” but guess what: it takes more than just Wi-Fi connectivity to truly make something smart. A perfect example of an actual smart device is the Withings Thermo Smart Thermometer, a thermometer unlike anything you’ve ever seen. 16 infrared sensors take more than 4,000 measurements without even touching your skin, making it one of the most accurate and hygienic widely available thermometers on the planet. It also syncs with a free app on your iPhone or Android that helps you track and manage symptoms.
Some more highlights from the product page:
- HotSpot Sensor Technology: 16 infrared sensors take more than 4,000 measurements to find the hottest point and deliver the most accurate result in just 2 seconds.
- Hygienic: There’s no need to touch the skin. Thermos avoids any contact with saliva, earwax, or other body fluids-making it the most sanitary way to take a temperature.
- Smart Fever Management: Syncs automatically with your smartphone & app gives an interpretation based on age, fever history & symptoms. Plus the ability to take notes, add photos, and set reminders.
- Multi-user friendly: Touchscreen lets you assign readings to up to eight users. Since normal body temperature can vary by age, Thermos’s LED indicator tells you if a reading is normal or elevated.
- Medically approved: Thermos is FDA-cleared. The app also includes Thermia, a fever education tool developed by Boston Children’s Hospital.
Follow @BGRDeals on Twitter to keep up with the latest and greatest deals we find around the web.
BGR Deals content is independent of Editorial and Advertising, and BGR may receive a commission on purchases made through our posts.