It seems like every tech conversation these days is about Amazon Alexa and voice controls. Why? Because Alexa is awesome, and controlling stuff with your voice is awesome. Voice-powered assistants like Alexa need help from hardware to extend their reach, of course, and the iHome Smart Plug is an example of a device that can extend Alexa’s reach in any number of directions. Plug this device into the wall and then plug nearly any device in your home into the Smart Plug, and you’ll add Alexa (and Siri) controls in seconds.
Here are some highlights from the product page:
- Works with Amazon Alexa for voice control (Alexa device sold separately)
- Includes RF hand held remote. Allows others in the home to control connected devices without a smartphone. ( Remote works up to 35 feet away.)
- Power monitoring feature, gives power consumption statistics for connected devices. ( Helps save money! )
- Wi-Fi enabled. No Hub or monthly fees required. Control your plug globally with Wi-Fi access.
- Control lamps, space heaters, Air Conditioners, Fans, Holiday lighting and more up to 1800 Watts per plug.
- Use Siri to control connected devices with a single voice command (requires IOS 9.0 or higher) Slim design fits any standard 110V outlet, leaving second outlet free or put two Smart Plugs in a single outlet. Works with Apple HomeKit & Siri, Nest, Wink and Smart Things platforms.
Follow @BGRDeals on Twitter to keep up with the latest and greatest deals we find around the web.
BGR Deals content is independent of Editorial and Advertising, and BGR may receive a commission on purchases made through our posts.