It’s not very often these days that consumers use the word “drone” to actually describe a drone. Instead, they’re typically talking about a quadcopter, which needs a human to control it at all times. “Drones” are autonomous by definition, which means that $30 drone toy you bought isn’t really a drone at all. If you’re in search of a real quadcopter drone to help you film action like never before, check out the AirDog Autonomous Action Sports Drone. This revolutionary quadcopter can be remote-controlled just like any other quadcopter, but then it has a true drone function that allows the device to pilot itself autonomously and follow your every move, recording the action the entire time with any compatible action cam you’d like to attach.
Here are some key details from the product page:
- Fully Autonomous Drone with sports specific flight modes
- AirDog autonomously follows you without a bulky remote control, so you can focus on the action!
- Control AirDog & make inflight adjustments with AirLeash – the wearable, waterproof control & tracking device
- Future-proof. New flight modes & performance enhancements through free software updates
- Foldable, easily fits in your backpack
- Ground Collision Avoidance with LiDAR
- Compatible cameras: GoPro Hero3, 3+ Black, Silver, White (in slim housing) and Hero4 Silver, Black (in Standard Housing), Adapter for GoPro Hero5 available as an accessory
Follow @BGRDeals on Twitter to keep up with the latest and greatest deals we find around the web.
BGR Deals content is independent of Editorial and Advertising, and BGR may receive a commission on purchases made through our posts.