We were all promised smart homes several years ago where everything is connected and devices turn on and off on their own when we need them to. Air conditioning and heat are supposed to be optimized at all times, coffee is supposed to start brewing right when we wake up, window shades should open and close with a single voice command, and our front door should unlock itself as we approach it. So what happened?
Sadly, there’s still no easy and affordable way to make it all happen in the blink of an eye. But the good news is the tools are now all there to let you piece together the smart home of your dreams. The Samsung SmartThings Home Monitoring Kit is the perfect place to start, and if you order now you’ll get it before Christmas.
Here are some key details from the product page:
- Everything you need to start your smart home.
- Control, automate and monitor your home from anywhere using the SmartThings app.
- Connect compatible appliances, lights, speakers, locks, cameras, thermostats, sensors, appliances and more.
- SmartThings works with products from Samsung, Amazon, Bose, Schlage, Yale, Cree, Osram Lightify, Honeywell, First Alert, and more.
- Look for the Works With SmartThings logo or visit smartthings.com for a look at the full list of compatible devices.
- The Samsung SmartThings Home Monitoring Kit contains: one Samsung SmartThings Hub, two Samsung SmartThings Multipurpose
- Sensors, one Samsung SmartThings Motion Sensor, and one Samsung SmartThings Outlet.
- Get immediate alerts on your smartphone if there’s unexpected entry or motion in your home.
- Secure dangerous, valuable or off-limit areas of your home.
- Control lamps, electronics or small appliances.
- Trigger lights to automatically turn on when there’s motion and turn off when people leave.
- Pair the included video-ready Samsung SmartThings Hub with a compatible camera to keep an eye on things.
- Z-Wave Certification ID: ZC10-15090005.
Follow @BGRDeals on Twitter to keep up with the latest and greatest deals we find around the web.
BGR Deals content is independent of Editorial and Advertising, and BGR may receive a commission on purchases made through our posts.