If you purchase an independently reviewed product or service through a link on our website, we may receive an affiliate commission.
If you’re a home owner, one of your worst nightmares is coming home to find your basement flooded and everything down there ruined. Maybe heavy rain seeped in, maybe your water heater blew, or maybe your washing machine malfunctioned. Whatever the case, a flood can easily cost thousands of dollars in damage, and that’s on top of the headache of drying everything out. If you’ve been through it, you know exactly what we’re talking about — but one little device might have saved you from that nightmare.
The D-Link DCH-S160 mydlink Wi-Fi Water Sensor is on sale this week on Amazon for $10 off, and it alerts you with push notifications the instant it senses any water. This way you can run home and act fast, or you can send someone to your house to help if you’re out of town.
Some key details:
- Receive push notifications when water is detected via mobile app
- Built-in alarm will sound (up to 70 dB) and LED will blink red when water is detected
- Detachable cables included (3.5 ft. non-sensing and 1.65 ft. sensor cable)
- Create rules via mydlink mobile app to enable interaction with additional mydlink home automation products such as motion sensor, Wi-Fi cameras, Smart Plugs and more.
- Easy set up with the mydlink Home app
- IFTTT compatible – Pair with any IFTTT enabled product or app to connect your Wi-Fi Water Sensor in fun and useful ways
Follow @BGRDeals on Twitter to keep up with the latest and greatest deals we find around the web. Prices subject to change without notice and any coupons mentioned above may be available in limited supply.