We’ve finally arrived at a point in time in the United States where fast home internet plans are somewhat affordable. When 100Mbps plans first began rolling out, ISPs took advantage and charged an arm and a leg for them. Now you can get 100Mbps or even 200Mbps plans from some service providers for under $100 per month. Of course, unless you use the right equipment in your house, you’ll never actually see speeds anywhere close to 100Mbps or 200Mbps.
First things first: get a good router that has solid range and can support fast speeds. But Wi-Fi will never be as fast as a wired connection, and you don’t need to install ethernet in your home to enjoy wired internet. From now through the end of the day on Friday, Amazon is offering a great price on the TP-LINK AV2000 Powerline Adapter Kit.
Some key details:
- Home Plug AV2 standard compliant, high-speed data transfer rates of up to 2000Mbps, supports all your online needs
- 2×2 MIMO with Beam forming establishes multiple simultaneous connections for you to enjoy higher power line speeds and greater stability
- 2 Gigabit ports create secure wired networks for desktops, smart TVs or games consoles
- Integrated power socket ensures no power outlet goes to waste
- Plug and play, no configuration required
Follow @BGRDeals on Twitter to keep up with the latest and greatest deals we find around the web.
BGR Deals content is independent of Editorial and Advertising, and BGR may receive a commission on purchases made through our posts.