There’s really only one way to get back at cable companies like Time Warner Cable and Comcast for all the years they’ve spent overcharging you for service: stop paying them so much money. It sounds simple enough, but cable companies spend a small fortune lobbying the government so that they can enjoy monopolies in many regions. If you don’t have another company to turn to, how are you supposed to negotiate a better rate?
If you listen to us, you can save over $100 on your cable and internet bill each year without negotiating at all. Simply pick up a TP-LINK DOCSIS 3.0 (16×4) High Speed Cable Modem, which is on sale on Amazon this week for $69.95. Once you set it up and return your cable company’s modem, they’ll drop their bogus $10 modem rental fee from your monthly bill.
Some key details:
- Eliminate your cable modem monthly rental fee
- Item is CABLE MODEM ONLY. Compatible with cable internet plans up to 300Mbps*
- Certified for XFINITY from Comcast, Cablevision and Time Warner Cable (Certification for Cox and Charter is still in progress)
- DOCSIS 3.0 Cable Modem provides 16X faster download speed than DOCSIS 2.0 for an ultra-fast performance
- Channel bonding of up to 16 downstream and 4 upstream channels, provide data rates up to 680 Mbps for download and 143 Mbps for upload
- CableLabs certified DOCSIS 3.0 backwards compatible to DOCSIS 1.0, 1.1 and 2.0 provides users comprehensive network compatibility.Included items: RJ-45 Ethernet Cable, Quick Installation Guide, Power Adapter
- Support IPv4 and IPv6 – the latest Internet standard. Industry-leading 2-year warranty and unlimited 24/7 technical support
- Industry-leading 2-year warranty and unlimited 24/7 technical support
Follow @BGRDeals on Twitter to keep up with the latest and greatest deals we find around the web
BGR Deals content is independent of Editorial and Advertising, and BGR may receive a commission on purchases made through our posts.