While the benefits are obvious to anyone who has ever had to pay a cable bill, cutting the cord can still be a daunting idea if you don’t have the proper tools at your disposal. Of course, if you have a game plan in place and you’ve picked up the necessary gear to replace cable boxes in your home, the task instantly becomes far less daunting. In fact, with a box like the TiVo Roamio OTA 1 TB DVR, you’ll wonder why it took you so long to sever ties with your cable company in the first place.
This fantastic set-top box is a digital video recorder with a massive 1TB capacity that works with any HD antenna — here’s one you can get for just $6 — to record live HDTV for free, and it also works with all of your favorite streaming services like Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Video and plenty more. Best of all, there are no subscription fees whatsoever; unlike the TiVo of old, you don’t have to pay any monthly fees to use all of the feature found in this terrific TiVo box.
Some key details about this device:
- Plugs into any HD digital antenna.(1) Pause, rewind and record free HD programming. No monthly TiVo service fee required.
- Record four shows at once and up to 150 hours of HD programming.(2)
- SkipMode skips entire commercial breaks of recorded shows at the press of a button.(3) QuickMode speeds through recorded and buffered shows 30% faster, with pitch-corrected audio.
- Searches TV and streaming content simultaneously. Integrates access to Netflix, Amazon Prime, Hulu, VUDU and more.(4)
- Easily connects to your TV with an HDMI cable. Simply connect the HD antenna to the TiVo Roamio OTA using a coax cable. The guided setup will help you get your device up and running in no time.
The TiVo Roamio OTA 1 TB DVR normally costs $400 but it’s on sale this week on Amazon for $371.99 with free Prime shipping.
Follow @BGRDeals on Twitter to keep up with the latest and greatest deals we find around the web.
BGR Deals content is independent of Editorial and Advertising, and BGR may receive a commission on purchases made through our posts.