The Amazon Echo came from out of nowhere and brought Alexa into our lives. Now, there’s no turning back. Amazon’s awesome voice-controlled virtual assistant can answer our questions in a flash and she also serves as a gateway into the Amazon universe. There’s one problem though: Amazon’s Echo isn’t portable.
Earlier this year, Amazon finally addressed the Echo’s lack of portability by launching the new Amazon Tap Alexa-Enabled Portable Bluetooth Speaker. It’s more compact than the Echo and it runs on batteries so you can take it with you anywhere. At $130 it’s also more affordable than the $180 Echo speaker, and this week only the Tap’s price is dropping even further to just $109.99 with free Prime shipping.
Here are just a few of the key details:
- Just tap and ask for music from Prime Music, Spotify, Pandora, iHeartRadio, and TuneIn
- Uses the Alexa Voice Service when connected to Wi-Fi or a mobile hotspot to play music, read the news, provide weather reports, and even order a pizza
- Streams all your music via Bluetooth from your phone or tablet
- Delivers crisp sound powered by Dolby, with dual stereo speakers that provide 360º omni-directional audio
- Provides up to 9 hours of playback
- Always getting smarter and adding new features and skills
- Includes Charging Cradle
The Alexa-enabled Amazon Tap Portable Bluetooth Speaker is always a good deal at $130 but at $109.99 with free Prime shipping, it’s a steal.
Follow @BGRDeals on Twitter to keep up with the latest and greatest deals we find around the web.
BGR Deals content is independent of Editorial and Advertising, and BGR may receive a commission on purchases made through our posts.