The Amazon Echo came from out of nowhere and brought Alexa into our lives. Now, there’s no turning back. Amazon’s awesome voice-controlled virtual assistant can answer our questions in a flash and she also serves as a gateway into the Amazon universe. There’s one problem though: Amazon’s Echo isn’t portable.
Earlier this year, Amazon finally addressed the Echo’s lack of portability by launching the new Amazon Tap Alexa-Enabled Portable Bluetooth Speaker. It’s more compact than the Echo and it runs on batteries so you can take it with you anywhere. At $130 it’s also more affordable than the $180 Echo speaker, and this week only the Tap’s price is dropping even further to just $109.99 with free Prime shipping.
Here are just a few of the key details:
- Just tap and ask for music from Prime Music, Spotify, Pandora, iHeartRadio, and TuneIn
- Uses the Alexa Voice Service when connected to Wi-Fi or a mobile hotspot to play music, read the news, provide weather reports, and even order a pizza
- Streams all your music via Bluetooth from your phone or tablet
- Delivers crisp sound powered by Dolby, with dual stereo speakers that provide 360º omni-directional audio
- Provides up to 9 hours of playback
- Always getting smarter and adding new features and skills
- Includes Charging Cradle
The Alexa-enabled Amazon Tap Portable Bluetooth Speaker is always a good deal at $130 but at $109.99 with free Prime shipping, it’s a steal.
Follow @BGRDeals on Twitter to keep up with the latest and greatest deals we find around the web.
To learn more about our sponsored deals and sponsored posts opportunities, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
BGR Deals content is independent of Editorial and Advertising, and BGR may receive a commission on purchases made through our posts.