What do you get when you cross a full-rate ADSL 2/2+ modem, a 4-port switch and a 300 Mbps wireless-N router? A very happy home internet user and a very angry ISP, that’s what.
We’ve told you a number of time how internet service providers add bogus modem rental fees to your bill each month, and we explained how to eliminate those fees. All you have to do is purchase your own compatible modem and call up your ISP, then they have to help you set it up. Once that’s done, you can return your ISP’s old modem and knock anywhere from $96 to $120 off the annual cost of home internet service.
Typically when we discuss this important topic, we highlight cable modems that work with popular ISPs like Comcast and Time Warner cable. But what about DSL users? Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered — the Actiontec GT784WN Wireless-N ADSL Modem/Router is on sale from now through the end of the month for just $49.95 with free shipping from Amazon.
Here’s what you need to know about this modem, which combines a cable modem and a Wi-Fi router into one device:
- Three products in one: full-rate ADSL 2/2+ modem, 4-port switch, and 300 Mbps wireless-N router
- Compatible with major DSL service providers, including Qwest, Verizon (excluding FIOS), AT&T (excluding U-verse), and others. Does not work with cable systems such as Comcast, Cablevision, Infinity, Cox, Charter etc. Does not support CenturyLink
- Preconfigured for simple setup and will auto-detect your specific service settings
- Rigorously tested to ensure the highest levels of compatibility and performance
- Includes high-grade firewall, parental controls and a variety of protections and encryptions
You can pick up the Actiontec GT784WN Wireless-N ADSL Modem/Router right here on Amazon. Or, if you use cable internet, check out this modem instead. In either case, make sure you check the “other sellers” section in the right-hand column because you’ll find lower price options for both models in there.
Follow @BGRDeals on Twitter to keep up with the latest and greatest deals we find around the web.
To learn more about our sponsored deals and sponsored posts opportunities, please email email@example.com
BGR Deals content is independent of Editorial and Advertising, and BGR may receive a commission on purchases made through our posts.