What were you doing when you were just 10 years old? Were you able to find any software bugs and win a boatload of cash for it? I sure wasn’t, but a Finnish boy named Jani recently told Facebook about an Instagram bug would let anyone delete comments inside the app. The social network rewarded him with $10,000 for his discovery.
It turns out that Jani is not only good with computers already, but he has a great sense of humor.
The young computer wiz recently sent a hilarious letter to Mashable in which he details his other amazing hacks and accomplishments which are yet to net him payouts similar to what Facebook bestowed upon him.
Here’s the full letter, as originally published:
Hello good adults of the Internet, it is I, Jani, the boy genius who understands computers more than you. I would like to thank Facebook for the $10,000. I will be investing all of it in my Dave & Busters Power Card so my birthday party is better than Billy’s birthday party.
But, I assure you, I am not writing this note merely to express my gratitude. I have discovered several other flaws in the tech I use every day, and I would like to make the world aware of them now. Please pay me $10,000 for each of these.
1. There is a flaw in the Playstation network that allows my mom to turn off the game when it is late
2. Despite Ms. Snyder’s best efforts, I have once again gotten AddictingGames.net up on the school library computers
3. There is a fatal flaw in Madden 2016 that does not allow me to create 10-year-old players who defy the odds and win the Offensive Rookie of the Year award
4. There is a vulnerability in Facebook that makes all of the girls I like not like my statuses
5. Whenever my parents tell me to go to my room and play on my iPad they start fighting — I believe signals from the iPad are causing this
6. There is a massive vulnerability in Youtube that is causing myMinecraft gameplay videos to not receive the millions of views they deserve
7. The laser tag place by my house has a flaw in their receptors that allows my older brother Ricky to beat me easily no matter how hard I try
8. After several visits with my family, I have discovered and reported a grievous error in the crossword puzzle located on the Buffalo Wild Wings Kid’s Menu
9. I have found a vulnerability in my Little League team’s Squarespace page that allowed me to change my batting average to well over .900 for the season
Also, I hacked President Obama’s phone but it’s just a bunch of boring emails and “launch codes” and nothing about the next Avengers movie so who even cares.
Thank you for your time,