BGR began as a small one-man operation 10 years ago this fall, and it has since grown to become one of the world’s leading sources of news, reviews, commentary and more. Despite a small editorial staff, we’ve amassed a direct monthly unique audience in the double-digit millions and a total monthly unique audience in the triple-digit millions through syndication deals with leading media partners. Pound for pound, BGR is without question one of the largest and most influential sites in the world.
But we’re just getting started, and we’re looking for new team members to help us grow even faster.
BGR is looking to hire a news editor to begin immediately. You will join a team of professionals who are dedicated to informing and entertaining our audience. We are in the process of making some big changes, from the content we cover to the design of our site, and you’ll help guide BGR as we begin an exciting new chapter.
Beyond the opportunity to join one of the leading brands in the industry, we offer a very competitive salary and benefits package.
The news editor role will have a number of responsibilities, including:
- Find interesting, exciting and entertaining stories to cover
- Write news articles and commentary with a unique voice — and a unique opinion, when appropriate
- Assign stories to writers and contributors
- Edit and schedule content written by other authors
- Cover big news stories quickly as they break
- Craft compelling headlines that are accurate and engaging
The right candidate for the job will be able to:
- Write copy that is clean and free of spelling and grammar mistakes
- Quickly and competently edit content written by other writers and contributors
- Multitask efficiently
- Work well in a fast-paced environment
We are looking for candidates based in the United States with prior experience in online publishing. Experience with WordPress is preferred but not required.
Click here for more information and to apply.