Amazon’s lineup of Kindle eBook readers and tablets is by far the company’s best selling hardware product line, and for good reason. Amazon has come a very long way in the eReader market and there’s little question that its devices are best in class. The brand new Kindle Oasis shows that Amazon has no plans to let go of its lead anytime soon, and we can’t wait to get our hands on one after preordering ours recently.
But there’s a different Amazon hardware product out there that is easily our favorite of all time. It’s the Amazon Echo, and it’s on sale right now for one day only.
Discounts on the Echo are very rare so we definitely had to tell you about this one, which is available on Tuesday only. The 15% price drop brings Amazon’s Echo down to under $154, and of course that includes free Prime shipping.
Here are some key details about the Echo:
- Plays all your music from Prime Music, Spotify, Pandora, iHeartRadio, TuneIn, and more using just your voice
- Fills the room with immersive, 360º omni-directional audio
- Allows hands-free convenience with voice-control
- Hears you from across the room with far-field voice recognition, even while music is playing
- Answers questions, reads audiobooks and the news, reports traffic and weather, gives info on local businesses, provides sports scores and schedules, and more using the Alexa Voice Service
- Controls lights, switches, and thermostats with compatible WeMo, Philips Hue, Samsung SmartThings, Wink, Insteon, Nest, and ecobee smart home devices
- Always getting smarter and adding new features and skills–over 100 added since launch, including Domino’s and Uber
Also on sale today only is the Amazon Tap, which is a newer portable version of the Amazon Echo that’s even more affordable.
Amazon Echo: $153.71 with free Prime shipping
Amazon Tap: $111.01 with free Prime shipping
Follow @BGRDeals on Twitter to keep up with the latest and greatest deals we find around the web.
BGR Deals content is independent of Editorial and Advertising, and BGR may receive a commission on purchases made through our posts.