I haven’t thought about Flappy Bird for a long time, and with good reason. It just wasn’t that great of a game despite the fact that the Internet became briefly obsessed with it more than two years ago. That said, I do appreciate games that are so simple that you can port them to just about anything… including e-cigarettes. A mad genius named Balázs Bank really managed to port Flappy Bird to his VTC Mini E-Cigarette and he’s got video to prove it.
Here is the game in action:
As you can see, he’s got it set up so you only need to press one button to have the bird move up and down. The two buttons on the left-hand side of the screen are used to navigate the game’s dirt-simple menu.
And really, that’s about it! If you’re someone who smokes e-cigarettes and you need to get your gaming fix after your smartphone battery dies, you can now break the glass and play Flappy Bird.
Here are Bank’s instructions for downloading and installing the game for yourself:
You can download the firmware file (.bin) from here:
DISCLAIMER: Flash this firmware at your own risk. I will not take any responsibility for damaging your device.
1. Download and unzip the compressed folder.
2. Connect the eVic-VTC Mini to the computer.
3. Open the official UpdateFirmware.exe (it’s in the archive or you can download from Joyetech’s site).
4. Click Update button then select FlappyBird.bin.
5. Enjoy (or not) the ‘game’.
Reinstall original firmware:
1. Disconnect the usb cable and the battery from the VTC Mini.
2. Push the right button (and hold) on the VTC Mini, plug in the USB cable, release the button.
3. Now you can install the original firmware (also found in the archive or downloaded from official site) with the updater.
Plase note that I made this in a few hours and it’s still in beta stage.