Two things are happening in the television industry right now that you need to know about. First, the gap in picture quality between the top name brands in the business and the smaller “discount” brands is narrowing constantly. Second, prices on 1080p HDTV models are coming way down because companies are trying so hard to get people to focus on 4K.
If you don’t need 4K resolution and you want to save some serious cash on a nice big 50-inch HDTV, check out these two models on Amazon.
- Refresh Rate: 60Hz (Native), 120Hz (Effective)
- Backlight: LED
- Dimensions (W x H x D): TV without stand: 44.17″ x 25.35″ x 1.93″, TV with stand: 44.17″ x 27.95″ x 12.72”
- Inputs: 3 HDMI, VGA, Component, Composite, Cable/Antenna, Audio in
- Accessories Included: Power Cord, Remote with Battery, User Guide, Base, Screws, Warranty Card
Sceptre E505BV-FMQK 50-Inch 1080p LED HDTV: $369.99 with free Prime shipping
- Refresh Rate: 60Hz
- Backlight: LED
- Smart Functionality: yes
- Dimensions (W x H x D): TV without stand: 44.3” x 25.6″ x 3.2”, TV with stand: 44.3” x 27.6” x 9.7”
- Inputs: 3 HDMI ports, 2 USB ports, LAN port for Ethernet, 1 Digital Audio Output, 1 RF Input, 1 Earphone Audio Output, RCA Composite Video Input 1, 1 left/right Audio Input for Composite, 1 RCA Component Video Input
- Accessories Included: A left and right leg that forms the TV stand, Remote control, 2 AAA batteries, Quick Start Guide, 4 screws, Power cord
Hisense 50H6B 50-Inch 1080p Smart LED TV (2015 Model): $399.99 with free Prime shipping
Follow @BGRDeals on Twitter to keep up with the latest and greatest deals we find around the web
Follow @BGRDeals on Twitter to keep up with the latest and greatest deals we find around the web. Prices subject to change without notice and any coupons mentioned above may be available in limited supply. BGR may receive a commission on orders placed through this article, and the retailer may receive certain auditable data for accounting purposes..