Samsung is taking the mobile security market by storm with its hardware-based secure Android platform – KNOX. Tap into the growing list of over 4 million users who have activated KNOX and contributed to the revolution. How?
Join the Samsung Enterprise Alliance Program (SEAP), a free program aimed at mobile developers. Use SDKs & tools to develop for the latest cutting-edge technologies (Android, IoT, Tizen, Cordova, and more) and leverage the security of KNOX. SEAP supports the developer’s quest to build and distribute better, secure mobile apps and enterprise solutions. Whether it’s for retail, hospitality, education, or any other industry vertical – SEAP assists you at every phase of your product life-cycle. Maximize your market reach and grow your business in partnership with Samsung.
According to the Vision Mobile Developer Economics 2015 study, 43% of enterprise app developers make more than $10K per month versus 19% of consumer app developers reaching the same revenue level.
- With the influx of security vulnerabilities in mobile platforms, the market is in dire need of certified hardware-based security platforms.
- The development of secure mobile solutions has not kept up with the explosive growth of the mobile market and growing malware threats.
- Increased flexibility for device management is needed due to the growing adoption of BYOD (bring your own device) and COPE (corporate owned personally enabled) devices.
- Developers are looking for easy-to-use and robust SDKs to secure apps and data.
What does SEAP offer?
- An official Samsung program for developers and partners.
- An opportunity to build a business relationship with Samsung, to distribute your app and maximize your reach to over 144 million Samsung devices that support KNOX.
- Free access to the latest Samsung mobile SDKs, tools and services.
- Access marketing resources to promote your brand with Samsung.
Who should join?
- The developer or entrepreneur who’s ahead of the trend and excited to be on the forefront of the latest technologies.
- The Independent Software Vendor (ISV), Value Added Resellers (VAR), Systems Integrator (SI), with an app or solution that is ready to go to market.
- The eager, tech-savvy student looking to jump-start their career.
- The innovator looking to build the next killer app for enterprise.
What tools are offered on SEAP?
Access to industry leading, enterprise security tools, for example:
- KNOX Customization: Develop an industrial-grade single purpose appliance that leverages professional Kiosk Mode and provides full control of the underlying Android system.
- KNOX Premium: Utilize 550+ device and secure container policies to add rich enterprise & security measures to your mobile solutions. Leverage features such as: SSO, VPN, Smart Cards, and Enterprise Billing.
- KNOX Enabled App: Take advantage of seamless containerization for your enterprise application to protect its data and isolate its behavior, while providing an uninterrupted user experience. Minimum development effort required.
- KNOX Sensitive Data Protection: Easily secure your app’s confidential data while the device is powered on or off. You simply tag the data to secure and it gets encrypted and decrypted automatically using hardware-secured cryptographic keys.
- Samsung Plugins for Apache Cordova: Enrich the user experience on your hybrid applications by enabling Samsung specific features such as S Pen, MultiWindow and Rich Notifications for Samsung wearables. More Plugins are on the way.
Where can I find more out about SEAP?
Go to https://seap.samsung.com/developer and learn more about the SDKs, tools, and resources that you need to get started to build and enhance your secure app or solution.
We’re also at major conferences and events such as Mobile World Congress, Oracle OpenWorld, and our very own Unpacked & Samsung Code events.