Cord cutting isn’t just a buzz term anymore. It’s a trend, and it’s here to stay. Households in the United States and around the world are ditching their pay TV packages and opting to go Internet-only, since Netflix and all the other Web-based streaming services out there provide more than enough entertainment for most people.
Of course, there are drawbacks for cord cutters, and not knowing when or where to find the content you’re looking for is one of them. Now, however, there’s a free app that will do much of the heavy lifting for you — and it’ll even tell you when paid content you’re looking for goes on sale.
JustWatch can be thought of as a next-generation TV guide for cord cutters. Laying online content out in a schedule is impossible since it’s all on demand, but JustWatch lets users see exactly where each TV show and movie they’re looking for can be streamed. And thanks to a newly added feature, you can even set alerts that will notify you when a movie or a season of a TV show goes on sale.
You’ll find the app’s full description below, followed by download links for the iOS and Android versions.
JustWatch – Find out where to watch movies & tv shows streaming online.
JustWatch is the easiest way to browse through your favorite movies or tv shows to see if they are available at any streaming providers.
Currently we are listing offers from Netflix, HBO NOW, Amazon Prime Instant Video, Hulu, Crackle, iTunes, Vudu, XBOX, Playstation, realeyz, Mubi and Fandor in the United States.
JustWatch is also available in Australia, New Zealand, Brasil and Germany.
Features & Functionality:
– New-Timeline: See what was recently added to the catalogue of a provider
– Streaming Search Engine: Search across all the big libraries at once
– Price Drops: Find the best deals for buying or renting movies and TV shows
– Use the Watchlist to turn your Smartphone into a remote – queue movies on your device without a login required
– Watchbar: Choose your favorite providers and filter different attributes like genre or release year at your fingertips