Who knew that washing your car was so complicated? Car enthusiast blog Jalopnik put together a handy list of myths about washing your precious car that you should really be aware of, as they could totally change how you go about cleaning your car.
Here they are – and remember they’re all false:
- Clean cars get less attention from police
- Birds, like police, give special attention to a clean car and poop allover it
- New car paint shouldn’t be washed immediately
- Dirt protects paints so better leave the car as is
- Rain can do a fine job washing your car for you
- You don’t have to wax the car
- Don’t wash your engine or you’ll ruin it
- You can use dishwasher to wash your car every single time
- Car interiors won’t get wet with pressure washing
- Clean cars are more fuel-efficient than dirty ones
There you have it. In case you have been listening to any of these myths, definitely stop and treat your car better henceforward. For more details one each of these car washing myths, visit Jalopnik’s post at this link.