Last week was a fantastic one for paid iPhone and iPad apps that were dropped to free on sale for a limited time, and this week is already shaping up to be even better. To start things off, we have found eight awesome paid iOS apps that would normally cost a combined $55, but each and every one of them is completely free if you hurry.
These are paid iPhone and iPad apps that have been made available for free for a limited time by their developers. There is no way to tell how long they will be free. These sales could end an hour from now or a week from now — obviously, the only thing we can guarantee is that they were free at the time this post was written. If you click on a link and see a price listed next to an app instead of the word “free,” it is no longer free. The sale has ended. If you download the app, you will be charged.
TranslatePhoto app extracts texts from any printed sources: documents, books, signs, instructions or announcements and allows to immediately translate them to any of 70 languages.
Take a picture of the text and after the text is recognized, you can immediately edit, hear, translate, share it on Facebook, Dropbox or simply send by email
Better and faster than any other similar product!
70% cheaper than any other similar app, offered by competitors!
• Recognizes texts in more than 70 languages
• Translates to more than 70 languages
• Reads texts in more than 30 languages
• Full text translation for more than 70 languages (Internet connection is required)
• Listen to the text that has been recognized and translated into more than 30 languages!
• Edit the text, copy it to clipboard, and save in other apps
• Share the text on Facebook,Dropbox or send by email
• All texts are saved in History and can be later recovered at any time
With TranslatePhoto app you can easily scan and translate:
• any paper documents
• recipes from cookbooks
• notes and letters
• menus in restaurants, bars, and cafes
• articles from magazines and newspapers
• book parts
• instructions and manuals
• texts on product labels
• road signs as well as signs in airports and stations
• and many more…
App is fully compatible with iPhone 6, 6+, 5S, 5, 4S, 4, iPod touch 5th generation, iPad 4, iPad 3, iPad 2, iPad Mini.
Full support for iOS versions 6.0-8.1!
How to use the app:
• Select the language of the original text as text recognition language.
• Take a picture of the document (page, instruction, or any other text)
• Press the “Scan” button
• Recognized text will appear on the screen with an option to select the source language and the target (translation) language.
• After you select the language, the original text will be automatically translated and will appear at the bottom of the screen.
• To listen to the translation, press the “Voice” button
TranslatePhoto app will digitize and translate any printed text right on your device!
Camera Pic 360 Plus
Support iPhone 6/6 Plus/iPad Air 2/iPad mini 3.
Camera Pic 360 is the perfect image editing app for quick and straight forward editing. Our simple design, paired with powerful and snappy tools, will give you the look you want in seconds, you can be a professional photographer!
Camera Pic 360™ You can be a professional photographer
Bubble Browser for Evernote
◆◆◆ Evernote Devcup DESIGN Category Winner ◆◆◆
◆◆◆ Top 10 Productivity app! ◆◆◆
Bubble Browser is a clean, visual (and fun!) way to explore your Evernote memories.
We all know that information is irrelevant without the context. Our experiments with new ways of discovering information brought us to the idea of visual, near-organic browsing experience.
By presenting your data in an aesthetic, more natural and approachable way, Bubble Browser addresses a challenge of dealing with constantly increasing amounts of information.
Tags, notebooks and dates are presented as colorful bubbles showing what’s most important in every given context. You can see how often particular tag was used at a glance and easily navigate back through the history of your notes. In short – the bigger the bubble is, the more stuff is inside.
“While classic notes exploration is like looking into the grocery store through a mail slot to see what you need, Bubble Browser brings you right into the shopping mall to see what’s on the shelf.” commented one of the app’s early adopters.
Bubble Browser for iPad is a completely new app based on our experience gained from our work on the Mac version.
Pocket Lists is an amazing universal app for managing checklists and to-do lists, focusing on important to-dos, and collaborating on to-do lists with your friends. The app excels as both an everyday to-do list organizer with sophisticated reminder functionality, and as a checklist app for groceries, travel packing, Christmas lists, and more.
You’ll love Pocket Lists for being powerful yet surprisingly easy to use. The app’s feature set makes it a superb replacement for most to-do list apps, including the stock Reminders app:
• Color-coded to-do lists with a variety of beautiful icons for all sorts of things. 200+ icons included!
• To-do Stream: a dynamic to-do list that collects to-dos among all your to-do lists, and displays them in the priority & due order, allowing you to focus on what’s important right now.
• Pocket Lists Cloud: collaborate on your to-do lists with other users of the Pocket Lists app, access your to-do lists via web browser on the app website: http://www.pocketlistsapp.com/cloud/
Pocket Lists Cloud works seamlessly, and is free to use. It is a great way to sync app data between your iOS devices, and to have an always-up-to-date backup of all data.
• All types of to-do notifications: due date, due time, repeating, and location-based — drop pin anywhere on a map, select either “arrive to” or “leave from”, and even define a location radius.
• Set due reminders by typing naturally: “Meeting tomorrow morning”, “Car service saturday 7pm”, “Prepare christmas gift list on dec 20 every year”, “Cinema friday night” and so on. The app automatically understands due date from your input, and sets a reminder. Understands all 13 languages the app is localized into! Approved by native speakers.
• OCR: Built-in Optical Character Recognition mechanism allows you to create to-do lists from real photos taken on your iPhone or iPad. Awesome for creating to-do lists based on what you find in print media, e.g. cookbook recipes. Supported languages: English, German, French, Spanish, Italian, Russian.
• Sync with third-party apps and services: Reminders app, Calendar app, Google Tasks, Toodledo.com.
• And a lot more:
— Priorities, notes
— To-do search
— To-do list hierarchy: swipe to-dos left or right to define hierarchy
— Passcode-locked to-do lists
— Due and repeating (recurring) options for both to-dos and entire to-do lists
— Quick inline to-do add
— Archiving feature for hiding to-do lists
— Copy & Paste add of multiple to-dos at a time
— Quickly clean your to-do list by shaking your iPhone
— Send to-do lists via email
— Duplicate to-do lists
— Sleek app interface feels native to every iOS user
— “Multiplayer” mode for collaborating on your to-do lists via Wi-Fi or Bluetooth when no Internet connection is available. An exciting way to go shopping with your spouse, or to pack luggage together (supported by the iPhone version only; based on iOS Gamekit engine)!
— On-demand backup & restore via iTunes file sharing
— Twitter and Facebook integrations
— Localized in 13 languages: English, Deutsch, 日本語, Italiano, Nederlands, Español, Français, Русский, Português, Dansk, 简体中文, 繁體中文, 한국어
Keeping a private diary / journal has never been so easy. Momento helps you privately capture your daily activities, thoughts, ideas and photos, and combines them with your activity from social networks to create a complete and unified timeline of your life.
** Featured: Best New Apps / Designed for iOS 7 – 2013 **
Whether you already keep a journal, or like the idea but struggle to find the time, Momento can help make it quick, easy and rewarding.
With Momento in your pocket you can write your diary on the go, capturing moments throughout the day in the short spaces of time you find free. Tag memorable events, people you meet and places you visit for a fast and effective way to browse and search your moments. You can also create custom tags to categorise and keyword moments however you wish.
What really makes Momento shine is its unique ability to import and archive your online activity from popular web services and display it as part of your diary. In minutes Momento can create a searchable record of historic information and media that you have shared online — building a picture of what you were doing, where you were and what was of interest to you. Even if you’re not interested in writing a private diary, this is a great way to record and look back on your day-to-day life.
All this amazing functionality is brought together in a beautiful, easy to use, award winning interface. Momento is quite simply the best way to record, recall and reflect on the memorable moments in your life.
Make every moment last with Momento.
** App Store “iPhone App of the Year” Runner-Up – 2011 **
– – – – – – – – – – – –
– – – – – – – – – – – –
• Passcode and TouchID protection
• Full text search
• Attach photos
• Rate moments
• Tag people you meet
• Tag places you visit (GPS & Foursquare Places)
• Tag memorable events
• Create custom tags
• Reminders (Presets include dream journal, daily entry and daily photo)
• Share moments (email, message, Facebook and Twitter)
• Calendar view
• Landscape support
• Backup & restore
• Export as plain text
• Beautiful interface
– – – – – – – – – – – –
– – – – – – – – – – – –
• Facebook posts and photos
• Twitter tweets
• Instagram photos and video
• Swarm check-ins
• Moves places and activity
• Uber trip history
• Flickr photos
• YouTube videos
• Vimeo videos
• Last.fm loved tracks
• RSS/Atom web feeds
Brightstone Mysteries: Paranormal Hotel
Normally $4.99 for iPhone, $6.99 for iPad.
Download Brightstone Mysteries: Paranormal Hotel for free! Don’t miss out!
Unravel the secrets of the Templars and an ancient Egyptian cult in this thrilling adventure!
New York City Detective Bridget “Biggi” Brightstone has come to France to crack the case of a missing necklace in a haunted castle-turned-hotel. But her investigation is about to turn up much more than she bargained for! When the victim of the robbery suddenly dies, she must track the killer using clues left by ghosts. Join Biggi as she explores the eerie castle and unexpectedly encounters the legendary King Arthur, Queen Cleopatra and Mark Antony as well as an immortal Egyptian cult. Search the castle’s dangerous shadow lands and help Biggi stop the evil that’s trying to rise from the grave with the help of a mighty artifact!
● 50 arduous levels to conquer
● Five intriguing chapters to navigate
● 15 puzzling mini-games to master
● 16 rewarding achievements to earn
● 13 unforgettable characters to meet
● Three difficulty modes: casual, adventure, challenging
● Game Center Support
● iPhone 6 support
Game available in: English, French, Italian, German, Spanish, Portuguese, Brazilian Portuguese, Russian, Korean, Chinese, Japanese
Quick Drafts for iPad
Capture and share your ideas with Quick Drafts for iPad. Easy, fast and reliable. Quick Drafts is a lightning fast notepad. It offers various ways to handle your notes. You can use them as todo lists, send them via email, iMessage, Facebook or Twitter. You can post them to your calendar, save them to Dropbox and Evernote or forward them to your favorite text editor.
– Todo lists: Convert any note into a checklist with selectable items.
– Beautiful page view: Quickly swipe through your notes like pages in a book.
– Quick capture: Every time you open the app you get a new blank note ready to capture your ideas.
– Export notes to anywhere: Send notes via email, SMS, iMessage, Twitter, Facebook and any app that can receive text on your device.
– Link mode: Capture phone numbers, addresses and URLs and make them tappable links.
– Reminders and alarms: Add notes as alarm events to your calendar or tap the Email Self button to send notes to your email inbox.
– Dropbox: Save your notes to your Dropbox with a single tap. Or append them to a “Quick Drafts Journal” text file that is created in your Dropbox.
– Evernote: With a single tap create a new note in the default Evernote notebook.
– Getting things done: Use Quick Drafts for your projects, tasks or shopping lists.
– Reliable: Every single character is auto saved the moment you type it. Never lose an idea.
Flying Benjamins HD
*** EXTRA FREE BONUS: Receive FREE access to the brand new HD Blackhawk Helicopter by completing the first mission, or via a FREE in-app purchase!
Experience Modern Aerial Combat in Flying Benjamins HD like never before! Powered by a brand new HD 3D Physics Engine with brand new HD graphics and effects, along with 5 new HD Aircraft and full Retina support on iPhone 5 and iPad with Retina display in addition to brand new support for iPad Mini.
Defend the skies of the newly built offshore banking communities, stopping the most daring money heists imaginable, as you pilot one of 5 upgradeable HD modern aircraft (including highly detailed Jets and for the first time in HD: Attack Helicopters). Next generation of cinematic arcade-style game play awaits you during your 5+ hour journey through 20 action-packed missions, amidst the destructible HD high-rise city environments. Featuring:
• New HD 3D Physics-powered Engine with completely redefined Modern Aerial Combat arcade experience in full HD. With brand-new HD sights, sounds and non-stop action that will take your breath away!
• Enjoy Simple and Intuitive Controls: tilt your iOS device left/right to steer your aircraft around city obstacles while skillfully avoiding enemy missiles.
• Alternatively, for a casual ON-RAILS experience: forgo tilting and simply tap your enemies to engage the “Autopilot” while controlling your Afterburner and Weapons with a smooth 2-button interface.
• RPG Style Progression System allows you to FREELY acquire, pilot and level-up 5 unique Jets and Helicopters while unlocking 30 different types of Afterburner and Weapon upgrades.
• Face more than 30 types of enemies, including: modern jets, attack helicopters and GIGANTIC money-packed transport aircraft!
• Game Center support: with 7 Leaderboards and 22 brand-new elusive Achievements that demand an additional 15+ hours of game play.
• Team up with friendly AI wingmen in the later stages of the game, and watch as your enemies fall before your elite squadron, known as the “Flying Benjamins”.
• Highly Stylized and Action-Oriented Storytelling is told through the radio of your aircraft.
• Adaptive AI and Randomized Enemies with Dynamic Difficulty: provide for a near endless replay value, as your opponents constantly change and adapt to your style of game play each time you engage a new or existing mission.
>> Game Play Basics:
Steer your jet-fighter manually by tilting your device left and right, or tap your enemies to engage the ON-RAILS “Autopilot”. NOTE that you must be facing your enemies directly before pressing the right “Weapons/Fire” button. Holding the left “Afterburner” button will allow you to avoid enemy missiles as well as steer around destructible city hazards. Remember that the game’s Dynamic On-Screen Tutorial System will always guide you on the right course of action, while prolonged use of the Weapons/Afterburner will cause a temporary overload. Also, note that your aircraft is equipped with automatic repair systems which will activate shortly after you stop taking damage.
Completing missions, earning XP and leveling-up your jet/helicopter to Level 5 will unlock new playable aircraft for FREE. You may also skip the RPG grind and instantly level-up via the use of optional In-App Purchases.
*** NOTICE: Flying Benjamins can only run in LOW QUALITY GRAPHICS mode on older iOS devices, which include: iPod Touch 3, iPod Touch 4, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4 and iPad 1.