We’ve been through the entire Bendgate fiasco and figured out that if you intentionally bend a thin phone you paid a lot of money for it will probably bend. But one iPhone 6 owner is claiming that his new phone didn’t just bend — it also caught fire.

RELATED: Yet another Apple fan who mocked ‘Bendgate’ finds himself disturbed by a slightly bent iPhone 6 Plus

CNET reports that Phillip Lechter said his iPhone 6 bent so much in his pocket that it caused a puncture in the battery. When that happens, it can result in a fire, which as you imagine created quite a dangerous situation for him that required medical treatment.

“The doctor’s report described a 11.5 cm x 10.5 cm burn area on my right leg and classified the burn as second-degree with first-degree burns surrounding the area,” Lechter states on his blog. “According to the Doctor, the burn will require cleanliness, antibiotics and pain management for treatment.”

The fire was put out by a woman who was holding a cup of water and who happened to be nearby.

“This was a surreal experience, and if it hadn’t happened to me I wouldn’t believe it myself,” Lechter said.

Apple hasn’t responded to this incident just yet, but you can check out a video of the bent iPhone 6 being doused with ice below.

View Comments