Another week is almost behind us, but not before we sneak in one last round of nifty paid iPhone and iPad apps that are currently on sale for free. Yesterday’s list brought us seven solid apps worth a combined $35 (hurry and you can still download a few of them for free), and now we have another seven apps to share with you that normally would cost you another $35 all together, but right now every single one of them can be had for free.
These are paid iPhone and iPad apps that have been made available for free for a limited time by their developers. There is no way to tell how long they will be free. These sales could end an hour from now or a week from now — obviously, the only thing we can guarantee is that they are free at the time this post is published. If you click on a link and see a price listed next to an app instead of the word “free,” it is no longer free. The sale has ended. If you download the app, you will be charged.
Normally $1.99, currently free.
AirDisk Pro allows you to store, view and manage files on your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch. You can connect to AirDisk Pro from any Mac or PC over the Wi-Fi network and transfer files by drag & drop files straight from the Finder or Windows Explorer.
AirDisk Pro features document viewer, PDF reader, music player, image viewer, voice recorder, text editor, file manager and support most of the file operations: like delete, move, copy, email, share, zip, unzip and more.
— KEY FEATURES —
– DOCUMENT READER:
Support MS Office, iWork, Text & HTML
– MULTIMEDIA PLAYER:
An ability to in app create your own audio playlist with repeat, shuffle, background playback and remote control from multitask.
– HTTP/FTP PASSWORD PROTECTED:
Files transfer between PC/Mac with password protected.
– FILE OPERATION:
Move, Copy, Rename, Delete, Zip, Unzip, UnRAR, Create File and Folder.
– FILE SHARING:
File sharing with other iPhone/iPad devices via Bluetooth or Wi-Fi connection with automatic search of nearest available devices around you.
– EASY FILE UPLOAD:
Drag and drop files upload via your PC/Mac web browser or USB via iTunes File Sharing.
– TEXT EDITOR:
Built-in text editor that allows you to edit your text files or source codes on your iOS device.
– IMPORT/ FILES CREATION:
An ability to create text files, image captures, video records, voice recordings and import pictures from photo library.
– PASSCODE LOCK:
An ability to protect your files from viewing by others.
This app is developed for both iPhone and iPad, you need to purchase only once.
— AUDIO PLAYER —
– Able to in app create audio playlist.
– Plays all MP3 files from a folder as a playlist.
– Repeats and shuffles songs.
– Supports background audio playback.
– Supports Audio Remote Control from multitask.
— VIEWABLE FORMATS —
– Audio (WAV, MP3, M4A, CAF, AIF, AIFF, AAC)
– Images (JPG, PNG, GIF, BMP, TIF, TIFF, ICO)
– Movies (MP4, MOV, MPV, M4V)
– iWorks (Pages, numbers, and Keynote)
– Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
– RTF (Rich Text Format)
– RTFD (TextEdit with embedded images)
– PDF Documents
– Plain text
– Source code
– HTML web pages
– Web archives
Normally $1.99, currently free.
Snapmate is an innovative app using wifi network that lets you share photos or videos with friends or family nearby during you are taking photos and videos.
It’s not sharing after finishing taking the photo or video; during a trip or when in outside with your family or friends, a simple connection would automatically save the photo and video in their camera roll whenever you take a photo and a video.
Taking photos at the same place and sharing right there through this app would make the trip much more fun.
The realtime filter inside Snapmate will show realtime filter results and aid in the photo and video taking.
Download it now and take photos with friends. The time you spend with them would become much happier.
How to use:
1. Choose the device to connect after opening the connection window.
2. Tap the device you wish to connect and invite them (Invited person should accept the invitation).
3. The photos and videos taken after connection would be automatically shared (**if the sharing doesn’t work, please check your connection or check if the devices are too far away)
– You should turn on wifi for using this app.
– The real time filter and multipeer direct sharing feature are used simultaneously, and could result in faster battery consumption
– Please use screen saver mode to save battery. Sharing still works in Screen saver mode.
– Multipeer Conncetivity is a new iOS7 feature. It especially does not support multitasking, so in the background state, the peer to peer sharing would not work. (returning to the app after background state would require you to connect again)
– High photo quality would result in slower sharing between devices. To use peer to peer sharing, please set the quality to below medium.
– 3 or lower people would result in faster sharing due to the limitation of transfer speed.
– If the distance between the devices increases or there is much obstacles between devices, the Wifi signal gets weaker, and could cause failure in sharing. (safe distance: 5m)
Normally$1.99, currently free.
Turn your iPad or iPhone into a window aboard the International Space Station. Experience stunning views of Planet Earth captured by NASA astronauts. Touch the views and control the planet with your finger. A truly amazing one-of-a-kind experience.
Chosen by Apple as New & Noteworthy and What’s Hot
The app comes complete with 8 relaxing ambient space soundtracks, a clock, and worldwide weather from Weather Underground. It is not only amazing to explore, it is useful on your desk and nightstand. Works perfectly on older devices – a great use of your old iPad 1 or iPad 2!
Support for AirPlay on the iPad (4th gen, 3rd gen, and iPad 2), iPhone 5, and iPhone 4S. See display options in app for instructions on how to enable. AirPlay is not supported on the iPhone 4, 3GS, iPad 1.
Images courtesy of the Image Science & Analysis Laboratory, NASA Johnson Space Center
Normally $1.99, currently free.
Clear Notes brings the beauty of nature closer to your life.
Clear Notes creates a custom color scheme that matches whatever weather is outside. Every time you take notes with Clear Notes, you get a unique color based on what it looks like outside your window. Think of it as a glimpse of nature at your desk.
In this way, the behavior of clear notes changes to match the flow of time.
Clear Notes was built around a simple idea: “a notes app that requires no input or effort from the user, yet remains perfectly organized.”
Clear Notes uses the unique color schemes to organize and tag notes for you.
Your brain was built to remember emotions and images, not text. Clear Notes uses the science of emotional imagery to tag and organize your notes in a way that is more natural for your brain to remember and use.
Download Clear Notes Now.
Normally $1.99, currently free.
Wakeapp alarm offers you wide variety of clock designs for your nightstand. From shadow casting sun clock to futuristic digital clock designs. Download the most personalizable alarm clock on the AppStore with simplest user interface and outstanding features.
– Sweet music
Music which is not from the stock music web-site but specially composed for “Wakeapp” by professionals;
– Wake Up Test
Best tool to make sure you are waked and ready to rise;
Action task like: “Tap on the circles, displayed on the screen, simultaneously”
– Sleep Aid
With this option you will be able to set lullaby music or sound to play while you fall asleep. Sound will fade out in time and leave you in comfy state of sleep;
– Brightness / Visibility
You can adjust the brightness and visibility of clock designs by simply swiping finger up and down on the screen;
– Flashlight (iPhone)
With one tap on your screen you’ll easily turn flashlight on/off and adjust the brightness of light with easy to use slider;
– Vanilla Sky Alarm
Remember the movie “Vanilla Sky”? So get personal experience of waking up with calm voice saying: “wake up, open your eyes…” similar as scene when Penelope Cruz voice wakes up Tom Cruise. And even more, it’s not just the voice. You’ll see beautiful woman on your nightstand display, laying by your side, trying to wake you up. Just imagine…
Quantum Legacy HD
Normally $19.99, currently free.
BRAND NEW UPDATE: with new JAW-DROPPING RETINA GRAPHICS for iPhone 5S and iPhone 5C and iPad with Retina display, as well as new ON-RAILS action in the next generation arcade-style 3D SHMUP that is Quantum Legacy HD! Pilot one of 4 unique spaceships during your 3+ hour ON-RAILS journey through 20 action-packed ON-RAILS SHMUP missions filled with breathtaking cinematic game play and highly stylized storytelling, EXCLUSIVELY on the iOS! Featuring:
• Brand New SHMUP DLC: offers a new playable drop-ship, 50% faster SHMUP-style game-play, new level variations, new graphics/effects, new AI, plus a never before experienced speed and finger-twitch ON-RAILS intensity worthy of a next-gen 3D Space SHMUP!
• Enjoy Simple and Intuitive Controls: tilt your iOS device left/right to steer your ship manually while providing an opportunity for a skillful avoidance of enemy projectiles.
• Alternatively, for a casual ON-RAILS experience: forgo tilting and simply tap your enemies to engage the Auto Pilot while controlling your shields and weapons with a smooth 2-button interface.
• Bright and awe-inspiring JAW-DROPPING SHUMP graphics with highly polished game play will take your breath away! For the first time ever, Quantum Legacy HD provides you with full native retina support on the iPhone 5, and iPad with Retina display.
• 20 story-oriented SHUMP campaign missions offer over 3 hours of action-packed SHMUP-style game play.
• Face more than 25 different types of enemies, including unique Gigantic Bosses in every mission.
• RPG Style Progression System allows you to FREELY acquire, pilot and level-up 4 unique starships (including a brand new drop-ship) while unlocking over 16 different types of shield and weapon upgrades.
• 5 Brand new In-App Purchases allow you to skip the RPG grind and instantly acquire any of the playable ships! In addition, you can Restore your existing purchases to unlock content on multiple iOS devices.
• Game Center support: with 6 SHUMP-DLC Leaderboards and 21 elusive SHUMP Achievements that demand an additional 10+ hours of game play.
• Over 40 minutes of original music was created to accompany your Quantum Legacy HD experience.
• Highly Stylized and Action-Oriented Storytelling is told through the com-sat radio of your starship, with full voice-overs for the game’s array of quirky characters.
• SHUMP AI with Dynamic Difficulty and Randomized Enemy Waves: provide for a near endless replay value, as the enemies constantly change and adapt to your style of game play each time you engage an existing mission.
>> Game Play Basics:
Steer your ship manually by tilting your device left and right, or tap your enemies to engage the ON-RAILS “Autopilot”. To maximize damage, it is best to be facing your enemies directly before pressing the right “Weapons/Fire” button. Holding the left “Shield” button will allow you to deflect all enemy projectiles. Prolonged use of the Weapons/Shields will cause a temporary overload. Note that it is NOT possible to fire your weapons while Shields are active until you level-up your starship and unlock Translucent Shielding at Level 5.
Successfully completing each mission will unlock new game content while allowing you to level-up in an RPG-like fashion. Completing missions 5, 10 and 15 will allow you to FREELY acquire one of 4 unique playable starships.
Normally $4.99, currently free.
Welcome to the finest collection of Army and Military survival handbooks, field manuals, and valuable knowledge ever collected under 1 app. Survivalpedia is your ultimate resource for all things related to survival and personal protection. Contained here are thousands of pages and illustrations ranging from outdoor survival, personal fitness, first aid, parachuting and knots, to mountaineering, camouflage, military operations, self defense, and much much more!
All Manuals are searchable, and support highlighting, underlining, strikethrough, and annotations. Manuals and pages can be printed, emailed, or shared on Facebook and Twitter.
******Field Manuals include:******
• U.S. Army Survival Handbook
• United States Air Force Survival Training Handbook
• First Aid for Soldiers
• The Navy SEAL Physical Fitness Guide
• River Crossing Operations
• Aviation Operations
• Desert Operations
• Nuclear Operations
• Combat Skills of the Soldier
• Field Hygiene and Sanitation
• Combat Stress Control
• Military Free-Fall Parachuting Procedures
• Army Rangers Rigging Handbook
• Manual for the Wheeled Driver
• Survival Evasion, and Recovery
• Army Physical Fitness Training
• Marine Close Combat
• Ranger Handbook
• Coast Guard Rescue and Survival Systems
• Basic Cold Weather Manual
• Terrain Analysis
• Urban Operations
• Student Pilot Guide
• Risk Management
• Electronic Warfare
• Wilderness Medicine
• Airplane Flying Handbook
• And much more!!!!
This application contains 7 manuals, with an additional 32 other manuals which may be unlocked from within as an In-App-Purchase. If you are a military or survival enthusiast, or just an average person who would like to learn different ways to start a fire or what to bring on a camping trip, you’ll find the knowledge in this app to be invaluable!
Survivalpedia. Be ready for anything.