Hopefully we have all recovered from a weekend of celebration by now, and we’re settling back into reality once again. Perhaps a few nice paid iPhone apps that can be downloaded for free right now will help ease the transition a bit. Today we have four nifty paid iPhone and iPad apps on the menu, and each one is available for free for a limited time.
Since some people still seem to be having a bit of trouble understanding how this works, a quick disclaimer:
These are paid iPhone and iPad apps that have been made available for free for a limited time by their developers. There is no way to tell how long they will be free. These sales could end an hour from now or a week from now — obviously, the only thing we can guarantee is that they are free at the time this post is published. If you click on a link and see a price listed next to an app instead of the word “free,” it is no longer free. The sale has ended. If you download the app, you will be charged.
With that out of the way, here are today’s apps:
Shares for Flickr
The name of this app is quite confusing, so we’ll briefly explain what it does: Shares for Flickr lets you share photos. On Flickr.
All joking aside, this is a fast and simple app that Flickr fans should definitely check out.
‘Shares’ is lightweight & easy-to-use app specially designed for single purpose – ‘Get shareable URL of photo’
Ever needed fast way to upload photo for sharing with your friends or attaching to your blog/forum post?
With ‘Shares’, it’s really easy to copy direct URL of photo, HTML markup or Markdown syntax.
With 1 TB free storage on Flickr, ‘Shares’ comes in handy when you need shareable/embeddable URL of the photo.
* Upload original-sized photo from your album to Flickr with single tap.
* Copy direct URL of photo, HTML markup, Markdown syntax to clipboard.
* Multiple sizes : Original/Medium/Small/Thumbnail
* Upload history for later use.
* Custom URL scheme which works greate with others apps (eg. ‘Drafts’)
Shares for Flickr is typically a $1.99 download but it’s free right now if you move fast.
App for Google Music HD
This time we’re not joking when we say that this app has an awful name, but it’s still a sweet little Google Play Music client with full support for All Access streaming.
Google Music is a new cloud service for music. You can keep up to 20,000 of your favorite songs in Google Music. With this app you can access to all of your Albums, Artists, Songs, Playlists, Genres in your Google Music library and start listening to your favorite songs within 5 seconds.
– [NEW] Support and optimize for iOS 7
– [NEW] Support play music in background mode continuously for iOS 7
– Support 4-inch screen of iPhone 5
– Support play music in background mode
– Support play music in foreground mode without being put in sleep mode
– [NEW] Support AirPlay
– Access to all Albums, Artists, Songs, Playlists, Genres
– Full search in your Google Music library
– Very fast, start listening to song within 5 seconds on normal WIFI connection
– Universal app, support iPhone, iPod touch and iPad
– Manage up to 5 Google Music accounts securely and easily
– Support 2-step verification
– Support auto login with any of your 5 Google Music accounts
– Support one-click switching between Google Music accounts
– You don’t have to enter password every time you want to listen to songs (just need to enter 4 digit passcode)
– Support number passcode to protect your accounts and the usage of this app
– Stylish, yet easy to use user interface
– Full Retina display support
This is usually a $1.99 app, but it’s free right now.
Apple’s App Store recommendation system is still awful. Want a better way to find new apps? Try Discovr Apps.
– Discovr Apps is a Number 1 app in 17 countries incl. US, Japan, Canada & Australia
– More than 3.5 million users of DIscovr
– Featured worldwide by Apple, Wall Street Journal, Billboard Magazine & Wired
“Discovr Launches Awesome Tool To Find New Apps On iOS” – Techcrunch
Discovr Apps makes it easy to discover new apps for your iPhone & iPad.
Simply search for an app that you like or choose from one of our featured apps. We’ll show you how the apps you choose are connected in a massive, never-ending map of the App Store, and we’ll give you great recommendations for other apps to download.
When you find an app you like you can read the app descriptions, check out the screenshots and ratings, or buy it directly from the App Store. You can also share your favorite apps and maps with your friends via Twitter, Facebook or email.
Start with one of your favorite apps and we’ll help you discover more great apps. Just start with something you like. Maybe it’s Flipboard, or Instagram, or Foursquare, or Angry Birds, or any other app. We’ll recommend something good for you.
Typically a $3.99 download, Discovr Apps is free right now for a short time.
Many times, fitness trackers and workout assistant apps are too complicated to really be helpful. Intervals keeps things simple and gets out of the way so you can focus on actually working out.
Build any kind of workout plan, from HIIT to Yoga exercises.
Intervals manages all your workouts in an easy and a powerful way, letting you focus on what really matters – The workout itself!
*** Flexible ***
Intervals gives you the ability to fit the right songs to the right exercises. Assign high BPM songs to high intensity exercises, low BPM songs to rest / low intensity exercises and let Intervals do the magic.
*** Easy ***
With our easy and intuitive interface you can see the remaining time of each exercise and distinguish between exercises by their color.
*** Smart ***
Intervals saves you time by providing a full control on your workout using smart gestures.
Swipe up – Start training.
Swipe down – Stop training.
Swipe left – Switch to the next exercise.
Swipe down – Switch to the previous exercise.
All that is left for you is to enjoy training!
This nifty app is normally $0.99 but it’s free for a limited time.