Android users who require more cloud storage options, which could come in handy when looking to fix storage issues with their devices, will be happy to hear that IDrive is now offering them an absurdly cheap cloud storage and sync plan. The company on Wednesday announced that only Android users will be able to grab 100GB of cloud for “less than $1 per year” – the offer includes 50GB of backup and 50GB of sync.
“IDrive’s Android app allows you to backup and restore your mobile data with a ‘single tap’ and ensure all of your contacts, photos, videos, SD card files, call logs, calendar, text messages, and apps are protected,” the company wrote on its blog. “And, just to clarify: This amazing $0.99/yr pricing is permanent, not just for the first year. It’s so awesome we’re all considering buying Androids. You can purchase this mind-blowing plan through our IDrive Android app.”
Furthermore, the IDrive app comes with 256-bit AES encryption and optional private key encryption, “which makes your data NSA-proof.” The $0.99 plan can be purchased from inside the Android app. Here are the main features of the application:
- Sync files and folders right from your mobile! Synced files will automatically appear on all linked devices. You can also access and download files already synced.
- Backup and sync unlimited number of devices into a single account and access them from anywhere.
- Selectively backup and restore only the stuff you need.
- Share a single file/folder or multiple files/folders with anyone using a single link. Set permissions and passwords.
- Automatic mobile upload protects your photos and videos as soon as they are taken via Wi-Fi or cellular data (if you choose).
- Data is always secure and fully encrypted using 256-bit AES encryption.
- Optional private key encryption, which makes your data NSA-proof.