A worker died at a Samsung factory in Seoul after carbon dioxide was mistakenly released, according to Korean news agency Yonhap News. The factory’s fire extinguishing system accidentally released carbon dioxide after it malfunctioned when it detected a fire, killing the 52-year-old worker. As Engadget notes, this is not the first factory accident has had: In the past couple years, Samsung has suffered from a series of factory incidents. In January 2013, 10 liters of hydroflouric acid leaked from one of main chip plants in Hwaseong, killing one worker and injuring four others. Samsung received a $1,000 fine and a warning after this incident. Four months later, another hydroflouric acid leak at the same factory injured three workers. Samsung has acknowledged this latest incident on its website and said it would work on ways to prevent future accidents like this one.

In addition to writing for BGR, Ben also helps out at two student publications at the University of Chicago. He writes for The Daily Sophist and copy edits for The Chicago Maroon.