Samsung announced the Transform Ultra for Sprint on Monday, an Android 2.3-powered smartphone with a slide-out QWERTY keyboard. The Transform Ultra is powered by a 1GHz processor and has a 3-megapixel camera, a secondary front-facing VGA camera for video chat, a 3.5-inch touchscreen display with an HVGA resolution, 512MB of RAM, 2GB of on-board storage, a 1,500 mAh battery and support for Sprint’s 3G network. Neither Sprint nor Samsung have announced pricing or a release date for the Transform Ultra, although we suspect it will hit the market in time for the holiday season at a budget-friendly price. Hit the break for Samsung’s fact sheet.
Samsung Transform™ Ultra
Highly-customizable Android experience
Samsung Transform Ultra is a premium android powered device that delivers a truly customizable experience even faster than before and at an affordable price. Samsung Transform Ultra, powered by Android 2.3 Gingerbread, features access to Google Mobile™ services and more than 250,000 applications through Android Market. It has a powerful 1GHz processor, a 3MP rear-facing camera and VGA front-facing camera for video chat while on the go. Equipped with Sprint ID users can also completely customize their experience based on their needs and interests. Users can automatically get ringers, wallpapers, apps and widgets downloaded to your phone in one click.
- 3.5” HVGA touch screen with full QWERTY keyboard
- 1GHz processor
- Android 2.3 with Sprint ID customizable user interface
- Sprint 3G (EVDO Rev. A) network
Entertainment and Personalization
- Dual Cameras- 3 MP camera and VGA front facing camera
- Sprint ID, a user-friendly means of customizing Android content on mobile phones. Allows users to instantly download ID packs that deliver a predefined experience, including applications, widgets, ringtones and wallpapers, all at once.
- Android Market™ – browse and download thousands of free and paid apps from around the world
- WiFi and GPS capable
- MP3 Player with MicroSD card slot (supports up to 32GB)
- Stereo Bluetooth® Wireless technology
- Processor: 1 GHz Qualcomm MSM8655
- Dimensions: 4.57 x 2.40 x 0.55 inches; 4.9 ounces
- Display: HVGA 480 x 320 pixels
- RAM/ROM: 512MB/2GB
- 1500 mAh Li-ION inner cell battery with up to 7 hours1 continuous talk time