Today, AT&T introduced the Pantech Laser handset, a device the company is billing as the “thinnest full sliding keyboard phone” on the market. The handset, which measures 9.95 mm in thickness, will have a 3.1-inch AMOLED touchscreen display, full QWERTY keyboard, and 3 megapixel camera. The
feature-phone quick-messaging device (sorry, no Android) will be available starting October 17 and will retail for $99.99 after a $50 mail-in rebate and 2-year agreement. Hit the jump for the full press release.
AT&T Introduces Thinnest Full Sliding Keyboard Phone From Pantech
Pantech Laser hits AT&T Stores Nationwide October 17.
DALLAS, Oct. 6 /PRNewswire/
- AT&T* announced today the latest addition to its portfolio of quick messaging phones – the Pantech Laser – will be available exclusively through AT&T beginning October 17.
- Pantech Laser is the thinnest, full sliding keyboard device (9.95mm) AT&T has ever offered.
- Pantech Laser will be available in AT&T company owned stores nationwide and online for $99.99 after $50 mail-in rebate (pay $149.99 and after mail-in rebate receive $50 AT&T Promotion Card. Two-year agreement and $20 a month messaging or combination of messaging/data plan required).
The Pantech Laser, an ultra-slim and stylish quick messaging phone that features a vibrant 3.1″ AMOLED touchscreen and a full sliding QWERTY keyboard, allows for access to email, social networking and messaging. From the touchscreen, users can activate Drawing Commander, a feature that allows for calls to be made, messages to be opened or favorite apps to be accessed by simply tracing a shape with a finger. Laser further prioritizes the personal experience by allowing voice memos to be recorded on the Voice Memo app and shared via text, or the 3MP camera to be used for updating social media statuses with pictures and videos. Pantech’s latest quick messaging phone proves that functionality doesn’t have to be sacrificed for a thin phone.
In addition, the Pantech Laser boasts:
- AT&T Address Book –syncs contacts to an online address book so customers can access and manage their mobile contacts from their handset — or their PC. Synchronization occurs automatically when any change is made, so contact information is always backed up.
- AT&T Navigator – offers turn-by-turn voice and onscreen driving directions, automatic rerouting, real-time traffic monitoring and more. AT&T Navigator is available for $9.99 per month, and new subscribers receive their first 30 days of their subscription for free.
- AT&T Social Net – provides easy access to all your social networking sites including Facebook, Twitter and MySpace in one easy-to-use interface.
- AT&T Mobile Share – helps customers quickly transfer photos and videos captured on their mobile phone to other destinations and allows customers to manage that content across the mobile and PC screens.
(1) Limited-time offer. Other conditions & restrictions apply. See contract & rate plan brochure for details. Subscriber must live & have a mailing addr. within AT&T’s owned wireless network coverage area. Up to $36 activ. fee applies. Equipment price & avail may vary by mrk & may not be available from independent retailers. Early Termination Fee: None if cancelled in the first 30 days, but up to $35 restocking fee may apply to equipment returns; thereafter up to $150. Some agents impose add’l fees. Sales tax calculated based on price of unactivated equipment.
(2) AT&T Promotion Card: Allow 60 days for fulfillment. Card may be used only in the U.S. is valid for 120 days after issuance date but is not redeemable for cash & cannot be used for cash withdrawal at ATMs or automated gasoline pumps. Card request must be postmarked by Nov. 6, 2010 & you must be a customer for 30 consecutive days to receive card.
(3) Messaging charges apply to voice memos sent via text.
(4) Mobile Share-Requires a data plan. Monthly Recurring Plan includes 50 transfers. The overage rate and Pay-per-use rate is35 cents for each transfer. You are charged for each transfer to or from your device. Transfers exceeding 2 MBs will be charged for each additional 2 MB increment or fraction thereof. Normal data charges apply when browsing your online locker or other sites from your Mobile device
(5) Pricing established by AT&T for AT&T-owned retail outlets.