Remember those Sidekick LX reservation cards? They are definitely legit, and starting tomorrow, you’ll be able to pick one up and reserve your very own Sidekick LX. When does the Sidekick LX launch on T-Mobile? October 24th. Here’s the juicy part though…according to the internal T-Mobile email to Store Managers we obtained, it seems as if the Sidekick LX will be available in multiple colors at launch! The email details the entire process in how reservation cards are dealt with. They will start being handed out tomorrow, and will not be available after October 17th. The reservation is only good for October 24th, after that, if you don’t come in and your Sidekick is unclaimed, it is open to anyone who wants to buy it. What we found particularly interesting however, was that "the card is only valid on October 24. Each card reserves one Sidekick LX, but does not guarantee a particular handset color." Multiple colors at launch? Nice! Full email after the jump!
Dear Store Managers,
In a couple of days your store will receive Sidekick LX Reservation Cards. The cards are part of a national promotion that begins on Wednesday, September 26.
The promotion supports the release of the Sidekick LX, which launches Wednesday, October 24.
This promotion is to help generate more traffic to your store and create excitement surrounding the release of the cool Sidekick LX.
• Your store will receive a specific number of Sidekick LX Reservation Cards
(see pictures below). This number is based on the Sidekick LX handsets inventory your store will have at launch.
• Beginning Wednesday, September 26, through Wednesday, October 17, anyone,
whether a current T-Mobile customer or not, can come into any T-Mobile Retail location and request a Reservation Card to ensure they can receive the new Sidekick LX at the time of launch.
• Reservation Cards should not be distributed to customers after Wednesday,
October 17. This will allow Retail Replenishment to get the proper handset inventory levels to your store.
Retail Process for Receiving and Selling Sidekick LX Reservation Cards
• Cards have already started to ship from the Distribution Centers.
• The Sidekick LX Reservation Card, SKU SIDEKICKRSVP will need to be received
into inventory following the normal Goods Receipts process (StreamLine > Sales > Retail Sales > Inventory).
• Information about the Sidekick LX Reservation Card promotion is
confidential and may not be shared with customers before Wednesday, September 26.
• These cards may not be handed out to customer before Wednesday, September
• Reservation Cards must not be transferred from one store to another store.
Each store will only be shipped inventory for the amount of cards that were shipped to the store.
• Additional cards are not available for special order.
Requirements In Order for the Reservation Card to be Valid
• RSRs needs to fill in your store’s address on the blank area provided to
ensure the customer returns the card to your store on October 24.
• Customers must return to the original store they received their Reservation
Card to purchase the Sidekick LX.
• The Reservation Card must be stapled to the original receipt that was given
with the card.
• The card is only valid on October 24. Each card reserves one Sidekick LX,
but does not guarantee a particular handset color.
Processing Cards in POS
• Each card that is given to a customer needs to be scanned out of POS.
• Do not capture a customer’s name in POS. Use the No Input button in POS.
• Scan the barcode located on the back of the Reservation Card.
• The price in POS will default to $.01.
• Perform a price override to $.01 using the price override code of in-store
• Tender the transaction.
• Print out two copies of the receipt. Keep one copy for your store’s
• Staple the Reservation Card to the customer’s receipt.
• Remind the customer that they must return to your store to pick up their
reserved Sidekick LX.
• Do not attempt to order more Reservation Cards once you sell out of them.
Do not transfer extra cards from store to another.
If POS is down, process the transaction manually following the Downtime Procedures which can be found on the Retail Sales Homepage in StreamLine.
Day of Sidekick LX Launch
• During store business hours on October 24, the customer will bring this
card back to the Retail location where they received it, and the store will have a new Sidekick LX waiting for them to purchase.
• Stores are responsible for putting aside one Sidekick LX for each card
• Beginning October 25, any Sidekicks set aside that have not been purchased
can be sold to any customer. The Sidekick LX Reservation Card is no longer valid after October 24.
• When the customer returns to the store on October 24 with their Reservation
Card, do not return the card in POS. Simply collect the card from the customer, so we can track how many cards were redeemed.
• During store closing on October 24, please count all redeemed cards and
report back to your Market Manager.
o September 26 – Sidekick LX is announced to the public, and customers can
begin requesting Reservation Cards at all T-Mobile Retail stores
o October 17 – Last day to give out Reservation Cards
o October 24 – Sidekick LX becomes available to any customer and Reservation
Cards can be redeemed
o October 25 – Any unclaimed Sidekick LX handsets set aside for promotion can
now be sold to any customer
Note: Five T-Mobile Retail Stores will have in-store upgrades for current T-Mobile customers on Wednesday, October 17. If your store is in one of these markets and a T-Mobile customer comes into your store looking for a Sidekick LX Reservation Card, first recommend that they go to one of the following locations on October 17:
• Atlanta (#5725 Buckhead)
• Chicago (#8428 State & Monroe)
• Los Angeles (#7393 Santa Monica)
• Miami (#6844 Kendall Corners)
• New York (#8882 Times Square)
This is the final communication piece for this promotion. Some of the directions in this piece may contradict the directions that will arrive to your stores in the packages of Sidekick LX Reservation Cards. Please abide by these directions.
If you have any questions, please e-mail [Email removed].
The Retail Event Marketing Team