According to an alleged internal memo courtesy of one of our ninjas, it looks like U.S. Cellular is jumping on the “month of the mobile” bandwagon by releasing not one but five handsets this month. Ranging from a simple flip phone to a Windows Mobile smartphone, there really is something for everyone:
- Motorola Hint QA30 – June 4th. Re-release of the somewhat problematic handset.
- LG UX840 Tritan – June 8th. Slider with 3-inch QVGA touchscreen, full QWERTY keyboard, full HTML browser, music player, G sensor, Bluetooth and 3 megapixel camera. Will require US Cellular’s premium data/Internet package for $19.95 per month.
- Samsung Axle R311 – June 10th. Your basic clam shell feature phone.
- Samsung Code – June 18th. Windows Mobile 6.1 candybar with front QWERTY keyboard, Bluetooth and 2 megapixel camera. Will require Windows Mobile Package.
- BlackBerry Pearl Flip 8320 – Expected release late June, possibly around June 20th.
- LG UX700 – Late July/Early August. Slim candy bar with a 3-inch touchscreen, virtual QWERTY keyboard, full HTML browser, music player, Bluetooth, and a 2 megapixel camera. Will require U.S. Cellular’s premium data/internet package for $19.95 per month.
A pretty decent lineup and impressive launch schedule for this small US carrier. Golf claps. Hit the jump for a closer look at the above memo.