Remember all the crazy (and physically impossible) skating moves you used to love doing in the old Tony Hawk Pro Skater games? Well Tony Hawk himself recently tried to pull a similarly spectacular stunt of his own in a recent ad for the Sony Action Cam when he tried to successfully navigate the world’s first horizontal loop. More →
If you’re going to start a Kickstarter project for a hoverboard, then you’d better get someone with real skateboarding credibility to help you pitch it to an understandably skeptical public. The team at Hendo Hover made a splash this month when launched a new Kickstarter project for its Hendo Hoverboard and got none other than skateboarding legend Tony Hawk to try it out first hand in its promotional video. More →
Dust off your old pair of Vans and get ready to party like it’s 1995, because Tony Hawk: RIDE has finally been released in North America. Available for the Nintendo Wii, Playstation 3 and Xbox 360, the game’s main attraction lies in its wireless skateboard controller that’s chockful of motion sensors and allows players to more or less feel that they themselves are on a real skateboard and part of the game. The game and skateboard are bundled together for $119.99, a far cry cheaper than your hospital bill will be after playing this game drunk at your office Christmas party. More →
Wednesday means that your week is just about half over, but here at BGR, our work is never done. Our ninjas know that that they can never rest, and hump day is no exception. So what do we have here: how about a little Best Buy info for your viewing pleasure? One of our anonymous buddies has uncovered some info that all you Danger and RIM fans might enjoy – like a few new handsets coming your way this month from Best Buy. First, the Sidekick Gecco and limited edition Sidekick LX Tony Hawk will both be making their way to the retail giant later this month, both on T-Mobile. Inventory will be received on Sunday July 27 to be exact. On the same day, Best Buy will also be receiving what is labeled as the BlackBerry Curve Sunset; a new color of Curve for those of you you like to be a bit different. The carrier for the new Curve isn’t clear but T-Mobile is likely a safe guess. Hit the jump for more pics and a clearer view of some more stock that Best Buy will be receiving at the end of the month.
Doubt us? Never. That Sidekick LX update we told you about yesterday has just been made official. T-Mobile made the announcement today, promising a host of upgrades to existing LX users. The new OTA refresh will start making the rounds this week, with video recording, play and share capabilities, an alarm clock, stereo Bluetooth support and Bluetooth file transfer support all making the cut. As with all Sidekick updates, this will be a phased rollout, so don’t get too upset if this doesn’t hit your handset immediately. Patience, dear readers. Patience.
If you’re like us, you’re not giving that Tony Hawk Sidekick LX the time of day. But, you don’t want to feel left out when all the other cool kids in school are taking videos of their gnarly sk8board tricks. What’s a Sidekick-toting fellow to do? Well, the much-awaited OTA update for the LX will hit on June 25th. It will be a rolling OTA as usual (they slowly spread it out across the devices which can sometimes take up to 4 weeks) and we’ve got the exact details on what it will contain. Below is an easy-to-read version of what we were able to translate.
- Capture videos using the new video mode
- Playback from the SD card or email attachments using the media player
- Share videos via email, Picture messaging, and Bluetooth
- Listen to songs or videos using a stereo Bluetooth device
- Send and receive photos, videos, or music via Bluetooth
- 3 IM clients & enhancements to AIM® and Yahoo!® Messenger
- Create and join group chats
- See who is logged into IM from the address book or email and instantly start a conversation
- Set a custom status message then keep chatting
- Search for friends in a buddy list
- Got more buddies than you can keep track of? See who’s online right from the address book or email, and search for friends in your buddy lists
- Select how Web pages are displayed based on preference
- PC-like, full-size layout to pan & scan while reading o Standard Sidekick screen-size layout to simply scroll down the page to read · Mini Page to zoom out on an overview of an entire Web page
- Save images from Web pages to the SD card Personalize the way you want to surf
- Device does not restart after a download. Just install an item, and it’s ready to use
- Capture videos and share them directly from the Camera app
- Video integration for playback, send, and save to gallery
- QuickFind: search for keywords across applications to find messages or information
- Spell Checker
So, you’re on the edge of seat waiting for this fabled Tony Hawk Sidekick LX to launch, huh? Good news for you then, because we just got the full scoop on it! The device will be “previewed” starting tomorrow but won’t go on sale until mid July. Beginning tomorrow, however, you’ll start to see it on Sidekick.com and “all over the news media.” The phone supposedly has a “skateboard look and feel with a grip-tape-texture and his well known hawk graphic.” Here’s where it gets interesting for all you Sidekick lovers, though — the device will ship with video recording capability, something called play and share (obviously sharing the recorded videos), stereo Bluetooth support, easier downloads and more themes and background personalization options. This summer, all Sidekick LX customers will get that OTA and be in video heaven.