Sunday is a banner day for Sprint which added not only the Treo Pro, but also the LG Rumor 2 and the Motorola Stature i9 to its handset lineup. The QWERTY-slider LG Rumor 2 is available both online and in stores for a rock bottom price of $49.99 after an instant savings of $150 and a $50 mail-in rebate. The Rumor 2, as you surely know by now, sports a QVGA display, 1.3 megapixel camera, GPS, stereo Bluetooth, microSDHC support (up to 16GB) and a 2.5mm headphone jack. Next up is the Nextel Direct Connect-compatible Stature i9, available for $199.99 after an instant savings of $150 and a $50 mail-in rebate. The Stature has already made its debut on Boost Mobile and offers a 3.1 megapixel camera with flash and auto focus, integrated music player, GPS, Bluetooth and rock solid PTT functionality. Two year contracts apply to the pricing on both handsets of course. Happy shopping!
A screen grab of the inventory list at Brighpoint reveals the launch dates of some upcoming Sprint phones and serves to further validate some of our previously leaked launch dates. Here is the rundown:
- Palm Treo Pro: Officially announced for March 15th and listed as such on the document, adding validity to the document. SRP of $549.99.
- LG Rumor 2: Previously rumored to be hitting the shelves in March, this document suggests that the Rumor 2 may be hitting the shelves on March 15th in Black and possible March 29th in Blue. The bottom of the document is cutoff so this is pure speculation on the blue model.
- Motorola i580: available starting March 15th. SRP of $269.99.
- Motorola Stature i9: Already available from Boost Mobile, the i9 may grace the shelves of Sprint on the 15th of March as well. SRP of $299.99.
- BlackBerry Curve 8350i, camera-less version: Launch date to be determined. SRP of $479.99.
If the launch dates on this document hold true, Sprint will have several new phones for your purchasing pleasure in a mere 10 days. No sign of the Instinct Mini or Pre of course but hey, it’s better than nothing. Hit the jump for the full document.
A little over a week ago a Boost flyer advertising its new unlimited all-you-eat plan hinted that the i9 was “coming soon”. The wait is now over as Sprint and Boost Mobile officially announced the new Motorola Stature i9. The ultra slim i9 is a mere 15mm thick and sports a touch sensitive exterior flip with ModeShift that changes the exterior keys based upon the user’s current application. The i9 also packs a 3.1MP camera with flash and auto focus, integrated music player, GPS, Bluetooth and, being an iDEN phone, rock solid PTT functionality. The new Moto will be available for Boost Mobile towards the end of February with Sprint getting the device soon thereafter. It will set you back $299 from Boost Mobile without a contract (ouch) and $199 from Sprint Nextel after a $50 mail-in-rebate and a 2 year agreement.