Well look what we have here – Sonim’s latest rugged wonder phone, the XP3. A feature-filled upgrade to the XP1, the XP3 sports the same rugged and durable design that made its predecessor famous. The XP3 is a GSM phone with a 128 x 160 anti-glare and shock resistant screen, Bluetooth, flashlight and a three-year no questions asked guarantee. Those features are just icing on the cake, here are the specs that really matter:
- IP57 certified waterproof and submersible for 30 minutes at up to 1 meter in water
- MIL-810F certification for salt, fog, humidity, transport shock and thermal shock
- Hardened rubber, non-porous exoskeleton
- Withstands shock-drops up to 2 meters on concrete
- Impervious to sand, dust, mud and industrial micro-particles
- Operational range between -20C and +60C
- Scratch resistant protective screen
- Keypad buttons tested to 500,000 pushes
Sonim told us to push the phone to its limits and that is definitely what we intend to do. Then we thought to ourselves, who better to come up with some hardcore “torture” tests for our XP3 than the fine readers of BGR? No, we won’t be driving to the Grand Canyon to toss the XP3 in or strapping C4 to it, but give us a shout in the comments and let us know what damage you think we should inflict upon this phone. We will pick a handful of suggestions, capture them on video and include them in our full review.
Click on over to our Sonim XP3 unboxing gallery!