The slightly smaller, sleeker successor to the Samsung Instinct is hitting Sprint retail stores on April 19th and it looks like Best Buy might be besting Sprint’s offer. With a two-year contract and $100 mail-in-rebate, the S30 will be retailing for $129.99 from Sprint but the pictured flyer shows Best Buy dropping $80 from that price. Of course, if you read the fine print it says that you’ll need an Everything Plan with data — something that Sprint retail stores won’t be requiring for its purchase. The way we see it, if you’re planning on grabbing one of these phones next week, you may as well get the Everything Plan and pick up the phone for less. With a device like this, you’re going to want unlimited data and all that jazz anyway.
A sleeker and more compact version of the Samsung Instinct is coming, so grab your camping gear and find your nearest Sprint retailer. Or not. An official picture of the Instinct S30 — or what many thought to be the Instinct Mini, though it looks like that was just an internal name used on some Sprint documents — has slipped out from Samsung so one would have to imagine that it’ll be hitting stores pretty soon. The original Instinct was relatively solid except for the sometimes-troublesome battery door, so we’re hoping this one will be built like a rock. Of course, when the Instinct first arrived its main competitor was the iPhone, but now it will have to contend with the second and then third generation Jesus-phone as well as Sprint’s own Palm Pre. Sprint will have to be aggressive with marketing this handset, but please… No more cheesy “save-the-day” or “find-a-husband” Instinct commercials.
The Samsung Instinct Mini — now reportedly designated the S30 — has been photographed yet again, this time in a hit or miss copper getup. According to new reports the “Mini” designation may have been tossed, perhaps due to the fact that the phone isn’t really all that mini. Pretty odd though, considering we’ve seen it referred to as the “Instinct Mini” on several Sprint documents. Regardless, the Instinct’s new sidekick will apparently also be available in blue along with copper and graphite, as was revealed back when we scooped the April 19th release date. Hit the jump for a second blurry snapshot.
Well lookie here, Sprint fans — it appears as though we might have our first live glimpse of the upcoming Instinct Mini from Samsung. Originating on a Sprint forum, no details have been provided just yet as user phonetec dangles the pics in front of forum members, wondering simply, “anyone else seen this ???” The answer of course, is no. It certainly looks a bit more, err, mini than the current Instinct and the rounded edges leave no question that this is indeed a different handset. As far as we know, the Instinct Mini is still slated for release on April 19th so the timing is right for some leaked pics to begin making the rounds. We’ll keep an eye on this one and in the meantime, hit the jump for a couple more shots.
The good ‘ole FCC just gave a green light to a new Samsung handset that, according to rumor, could cure cases of “The Mondays” across the country — well, for Sprint customers at least. The device, tagged only with a model number for the time being, is rumored to be the Samsung Instinct Mini. Woo! Various sources have made the leap and suggested the SPH-M810 will come to market as the new little brother to Sprint’s Instinct and the timing certainly makes sense. We’ve haven’t heard anything at this point that suggests Sprint has moved its target launch date of April 19th and with the FCC’s blessing out of the way, everything looks to be on track. The only new info about the alleged miniaturized Instinct is that it will reportedly include PTT, which could pose an interesting twist down the road a bit. Either way, Sprint people have quite a few handsets to look forward to over the coming months — anyone excited for the Instinct Mini?
Ok Sprint people, you had some bad news yesterday as we learned the Treo Pro will not be launching on time this coming Sunday. It’s time to regroup and calm down because you know we wouldn’t just hit and run with bad news. Our ninjas came back with some new details that shed a bit of light on various goodies coming your way over the next few months, so let’s get right to it.
- Palm Treo Pro: The new target launch is March 15. We’re still not sure what exactly is behind the repeated delays but apparently Sprint still isn’t overly confident in the handset because the new launch date is still just a target, not firm. All our ninja had to say on the matter was that it didn’t pass Sprint’s standard testing process and as such, delay city.
- LG Rumor 2: Sprint is also targeting mid-March for the Rumor 2 which will be available in black and blue.
- LG LX370: This will be a mid-range feature phone with a slider form factor dropping in April/May.
- Samsung Instinct Mini: It looks like the rumors are true indeed. We’ve confirmed that Sprint is set to get its paws on a smaller, slimmer Instinct and it’s currently slated to launch on April 19. It will be an addition to the Instinct family rather than a replacement for the current model and it will be available in copper or graphite. Saucy. The bad news – EVDO Rev 0.
- HTC Cedar: First seen in the HTC roadmap leaked last month, the Cedar is a QWERTY candybar that isn’t exactly cutting edge in terms of design. All the same, Sprint bagged it and it’s set to drop in June.
As for the man of the hour, the Palm Pre, nothing new on that front we’re afraid. We’re still looking at a launch in the May/June time-frame.