Ok Sprint people, you had some bad news yesterday as we learned the Treo Pro will not be launching on time this coming Sunday. It’s time to regroup and calm down because you know we wouldn’t just hit and run with bad news. Our ninjas came back with some new details that shed a bit of light on various goodies coming your way over the next few months, so let’s get right to it.
- Palm Treo Pro: The new target launch is March 15. We’re still not sure what exactly is behind the repeated delays but apparently Sprint still isn’t overly confident in the handset because the new launch date is still just a target, not firm. All our ninja had to say on the matter was that it didn’t pass Sprint’s standard testing process and as such, delay city.
- LG Rumor 2: Sprint is also targeting mid-March for the Rumor 2 which will be available in black and blue.
- LG LX370: This will be a mid-range feature phone with a slider form factor dropping in April/May.
- Samsung Instinct Mini: It looks like the rumors are true indeed. We’ve confirmed that Sprint is set to get its paws on a smaller, slimmer Instinct and it’s currently slated to launch on April 19. It will be an addition to the Instinct family rather than a replacement for the current model and it will be available in copper or graphite. Saucy. The bad news – EVDO Rev 0.
- HTC Cedar: First seen in the HTC roadmap leaked last month, the Cedar is a QWERTY candybar that isn’t exactly cutting edge in terms of design. All the same, Sprint bagged it and it’s set to drop in June.
As for the man of the hour, the Palm Pre, nothing new on that front we’re afraid. We’re still looking at a launch in the May/June time-frame.