I’m not sure if the Darwin Awards is a global contest or not, but if so, this poor guy from Japan definitely needs some consideration. In a video that instantly went viral over the weekend, we see a man accidentally light his house on fire.
Things begin innocently enough as the man unsuccessfully tries to light a match. Eventually, he winds up lighting up an entire matchbook instead. Still, at this point, things didn’t seem all that grave. Until, of course, he opts to throw the entire lit matchbook into… wait for it… a bag filled with paper. That portion of the video starts at about 4 minutes and 52 seconds in.
What follows next is a sad comedy of errors.