Review
Evolve Review

Evolve review: The thrill of the hunt

By on February 16, 2015 at 1:55 PM.

Evolve review: The thrill of the hunt

Our Medic is dead. The Trapper is fleeing for her life with the Monster just a step behind. The Assault is pumping as much electricity as he can into Goliath and I’m still trying to figure out how to play Support.

Fortuitously, the Monster stumbles into one of the Trapper’s traps just as I accidentally press the button that makes missiles rain down from the sky. I say accidentally because I was trying to switch weapons. I just hit the wrong button. The missiles connected; Goliath’s health dropped rapidly; our team rallied from behind and stormed back for a breathtaking victory.

This is how about 30% of my games of Evolve have gone. The other 70% have been blowouts one way or the other. More →

No Comments
Game Trailers of the Week

This week’s must-watch game trailers: Just Cause 3, Until Dawn, Evolve and more

By on February 13, 2015 at 5:15 PM.

This week’s must-watch game trailers: Just Cause 3, Until Dawn, Evolve and more

Every week, a landslide of video game trailers hit the Internet, hyping up the games that have just been released, the games that are about to be released and even the games that don’t have release dates. It can be a bit overwhelming to keep up with all of them, which is why we’ve decided to collect our favorites into a single post. More →

No Comments
Evolve Intro Cinematic

Watch the intro to ‘Evolve,’ the most anticipated co-op shooter of 2015

By on January 8, 2015 at 3:00 PM.

Watch the intro to ‘Evolve,’ the most anticipated co-op shooter of 2015

The past few weeks have been a bit of a breather for gamers as the release schedule slowed to glacial pace, but now that 2015 has begun, we have a whole new slate of huge titles to look forward to. Most notable are a few multiplatform releases scheduled to hit in the first quarter of the year, including Evolve, which just went gold this week. More →

No Comments
Evolve Xbox One PS4 Interactive Trailer

Video: Choose sides in this interactive trailer for next-gen game Evolve

By on April 24, 2014 at 11:00 PM.

Video: Choose sides in this interactive trailer for next-gen game Evolve

Evolve is shaping up to be the most captivating cooperative game of the new generation of consoles. Announced earlier this year, Evolve is a successor of sorts to Turtle Rock Studios’ last major project, Left 4 Dead. As in Left 4 Dead, players in Evolve will team up to fight a terrifying threat, but this time the threat is much larger than a zombie. Evolve pits a team of four humans players (Hunters) against a single, gigantic monster (Goliath). More →

No Comments
Evolve Trailer 4v1

Video: ‘Evolve’ is the latest creation from the makers of ‘Left 4 Dead’

By on February 11, 2014 at 10:17 AM.

Video: ‘Evolve’ is the latest creation from the makers of ‘Left 4 Dead’

The team at Turtle Rock Studios revitalized cooperative multiplayer with Left 4 Dead. Now the developer is back with Evolve, a brand new property heavily influenced by the Left 4 Dead series, but with a fresh setting, updated mechanics and new enemies to fight. Evolve is a four-player cooperative shooter in which each player picks one of four classes: Assault, Support, Medic and Trapper. Each class has a jetpack, a weapon and a specific set of abilities, all of which will be vital to take down the fifth player — the eponymous evolving monster. More →

No Comments