We hit every booth on the show floor yesterday for a first go at every new phone and tablet we could find. Today, we made the rounds again, like the mad men we are, to shoot some video of the newest phones and tablets. Now, we present you with video of the LG G-Slate, which is headed to T-Mobile soon with a $529.99 price tag. The G-Slate has a real premium feel to it thanks to the metal back side, and its display was large and bright even under the lights here. While it’s not as sexy as the Samsung Galaxy Tab 8.9 that was just announced at CTIA and measures just 8.6mm thin, it’s going to hit the U.S. market first, making it that much more attractive. There are a lot of compelling features too, like its dual 5-megapixel cameras for shooting HD and 3D video — but it’s a bit of a letdown the G-Slate doesn’t have a 3D display for viewing that content first-hand. Enough of the nitty gritty, you can read our hands-on text from yesterday for more details and thoughts. Hit the jump for our video and definitely check out our gallery, too.More →
With Apple’s iPad media event only a day away, many people are asking just what Apple is expected to announce tomorrow. We have heard rumors and seen purported next-generation iPad parts leak practically since right after the first iPad launched. Thanks to third-party case manufacturers, we have also been given renders and even physical mockups of the forthcoming iPad 2. We’ve tried to separate the nonsense from the plausible, and here’s what we’re expecting from tomorrow’s event:
- A much thinner and lighter iPad. We’re talking seriously thin.
- A slightly thinner bezel around the iPad’s display, making the device’s footprint just a tad bit smaller.
- A dual-core Apple processor, possibly named A5
- 512MB of RAM
- A front-facing 1.3-megapixel camera for FaceTime HD
- A rear-facing 2-megapixel camera
- Support for AT&T and Verizon Wireless networks out of the box
- Photo Booth for iPad
- Availability within 1-2 weeks, new price points starting at $399 for the entry-level Wi-Fi model
- Announcement and preview of iOS 5 to be released in the summer
We’ll know definitively tomorrow just after 1:00PM ET, but in the meantime, chime in with your own predictions and wishes, alright?