The Echo Dot is such a popular Amazon device because it gives people an affordable way to add Alexa to any room. But there’s one place where we spend a ton of time that the Echo Dot won’t help with. That’s right, we’re talking about our cars. You technically could use your Echo Dot in the car, but it would involve buying a power inverter and using your phone as a Wi-Fi hotspot. Long story short, it would be a pain in the butt and there’s a much better solution. The Roav VIVA by Anker is basically an Echo Dot built into a car charger, and it works with iPhones and Android smartphones alike. Definitely check it out.
Here’s what you need to know from the product page:
- Alexa Inside: Amazon’s voice service gives you complete voice control in your car. Just say the word to get directions, hear the latest news, shop online, play music, and more over Bluetooth, Carplay, Android Auto, or an Aux in connection. What You Get: Roav VIVA, Manual, Quick Guide, Happy Card, Skills Cards, 12-month warranty and our friendly customer service.
- Voice Isolation: 2 integrated microphones provide noise cancellation and accurate voice identification.
- High-Speed Charging: Dual charging ports equipped with Anker’s exclusive PowerIQ technology deliver blazing charging speeds to both driver and passenger.
- Tap To Mute: Just hit the button to effortlessly mute and unmute the microphones, so Alexa is only listening when you want her to be.
- Note: Please check your car’s outlet before purchasing. If your VIVA cannot be plugged in or has connection issues with your car, return it for a full refund in 30 days. Please check the list of unsuitable car models below. If you have other issues, contact us via Live Chat in the app. May have compatibility issues playing media via Bluetooth with Doge Caravan. Try connecting your phone to your car via CarPlay/Android Auto/Aux in.
Follow @BGRDeals on Twitter to keep up with the latest and greatest deals we find around the web.
BGR Deals content is independent of Editorial and Advertising, and BGR may receive a commission on purchases made through our posts.