How awesome is it that you can plug a tiny little dongle like the Roku Streaming Stick or Fire TV Stick into the back of your TV and instantly gain access to thousands of sources of streaming content? And how aggravating is it when you can’t actually stream that content because other people in your house are hogging all the bandwidth? All it takes to fix the problem is one $19 gadget that lets you connect your streaming dongle to your router using a wired Ethernet connection instead of Wi-Fi. No Ethernet? No problem… just grab this $40 powerline internet kit that instantly transforms any normal power outlet into a gigabit Ethernet port.
Here’s some important info from the product page:
- Stable Network: Enables your Chromecast and Chromecast ultra and other Micro USB TV sticks to ethernet for faster and more stable internet access, put an end to weak WiFi signal 【NOTE: 1. Works for TV Sticks supporting ethernet through micro usb port showed in the 2nd photo 2.Does not support fire stick gen 1, Roku Expess, Fire HD 10 or any other tablet or cellphone】
- Faster Internet Connection: RJ45 provide a speed of full 10/100 Mbps ethernet performance and the Micro USB 2.0 at 480Mbps for faster and more reliable Internet access
- Practical Ethernet Adapter: Best solution for congested wifi, poor wireless signal, no wireless router at home, old wireless router only supporting 802.11b, poor network performance of Chromecast and other tv sticks
- Plug & Play: Driver-free, don’t need to install any driver program for the ethernet adapter, simply plug and play; You just plug it in, then it works. No channel issues, no frequency issues, no interference issues, no security type issues
- 3.3ft USB Power Cable & Micro USB Cable: No worry about your ethernet adapter cable is not long enough and is hung in the air making your ethernet connecting be loose by greavity
Follow @BGRDeals on Twitter to keep up with the latest and greatest deals we find around the web.
BGR Deals content is independent of Editorial and Advertising, and BGR may receive a commission on purchases made through our posts.