August’s new 3rd-generation smart lock lineup is great, but the 2nd-Generation August Smart Lock is still a fantastic option for anyone shopping for a connected lock that won’t break the bank. Aside from some hardware changes, the only difference in functionality between the 2nd-gen lock and the 3rd-gen August Smart Lock Pro is a new feature that can sense when your door is open or closed. It’s a nifty feature, don’t get us wrong, but it’s hardly a necessity.
With that in mind, it’s absolutely insane that Amazon is selling 2nd-gen August Smart Locks right now for just $100. Inventory is going to sell out very quickly and there’s a good chance that this pricing is a mistake, so you’d better order one ASAP.
Here are some highlights from the product page:
- Control your door with your smartphone.
- Keep your existing deadbolt. Installs in minutes on the inside of your door.
- Grant or restrict access to visitors anytime.
- Automatically locks your door as you leave and auto-unlocks as you approach.
- Voice Control – Lock your door using Amazon Alexa, Apple HomeKit or the Google Assistant.
- Track who is coming and going with a 24/7 activity log on your smartphone.
- (Voice control with Alexa and the Assistant requires August Connect)
UPDATE: The $100 locks sold out quickly, just like we said they would. The price at the time of this update was $139 though, which is still a fantastic deal.
Follow @BGRDeals on Twitter to keep up with the latest and greatest deals we find around the web.
BGR Deals content is independent of Editorial and Advertising, and BGR may receive a commission on purchases made through our posts.