August released a new lineup of smart locks for the 2017 holiday shopping season. They’re great and all, but bargain hunters know that the best thing about new versions of devices like this is that last year’s model will go on sale. Such is the case with the August Smart Lock 2nd Generation door lock. The 3rd-generation model is great and it has one new feature called Door Sense that’s pretty useful, but the money you’ll save if you pick up a deeply discounted 2nd-generation model for just $150 might be more useful… especially around this time of year.
Here are some notes from the product page:
- Control your door with your smartphone.
- Keep your existing deadbolt. Installs in minutes on the inside of your door.
- Grant or restrict access to visitors anytime.
- Automatically locks your door as you leave and auto-unlocks as you approach.
- Voice Control – Lock your door using Amazon Alexa, Apple HomeKit or the Google Assistant.
- Track who is coming and going with a 24/7 activity log on your smartphone.
- (Voice control with Alexa and the Assistant requires August Connect)
Follow @BGRDeals on Twitter to keep up with the latest and greatest deals we find around the web.
BGR Deals content is independent of Editorial and Advertising, and BGR may receive a commission on purchases made through our posts.