Are you paying $40, $50, or even $60+ per month for a traditional home security system? It’s obviously important to ensure that your family is safe and secure, but $480-$720 per year is a whole lot of money to spend on a system that some experts believe to be unnecessary. That’s right, many people are of the opinion that home monitoring solutions are a waste of money. Why? Because if an intruder enters your home and hears an alarm sound, he or she is likely to flee right then and there. That means by the time you get a call from the monitoring center, the incident is already over.
Another option for people looking for a less expensive solution that’s still effective is the Korner Home Security System & App. This smart solution involves a single dongle that plugs into your router and then a series of “korners” that you stick on your doors and windows. When armed, the dongle will sound a loud 85 dB alarm and send your phone a notification anytime a door or window with a sensor is opened. The system ships with the alarm dongle and three sensors for $100, and it includes a year of free service. After that, the service costs $39 per year. That’s right, a year of service costs less than what most traditional alarm companies charge for a single month.
Here are some more key details from the product page:
- Easy setup in minutes. Just plug in Stick and stick Tags to doors & windows (no 2nd piece to align). Portable home security, no wires or drilling
- Arm/disarm remotely with FREE app and get alerts. Automate arm and disarm. Arm zones. Send any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Forward alerts to friends, family and neighbors, or call the police, all with the press of a button in the App. Track kids and toddlers around home
- 1 wireless Stick, 3 door and window sensor alarm Tags and 1 year free service ($39/year after first year)
- Intrusion will cause Stick to sound a loud siren alarm in the home and a notification to the App and email
You can also buy additional Korner sensors for $25 each.
Follow @BGRDeals on Twitter to keep up with the latest and greatest deals we find around the web.
BGR Deals content is independent of Editorial and Advertising, and BGR may receive a commission on purchases made through our posts.