Prime Day 2017 is officially underway… and holy moly is Amazon starting things off with a bang! For the first time ever, Amazon has slashed the price of the insanely popular Amazon Echo smart speaker to just $89.99. That’s right, a brand new Echo can be had right now for a penny under $90. This price is completely unheard of for the best Alexa smart speaker on the planet, and it represents a whopping $90 discount below the Echo’s typical selling price. We honestly have no idea if or when we’ll ever see the Echo drop this low again, so do yourself a favor and grab one (or several) while you can.
Here are some key details from the Amazon product page:
- Plays all your music from Amazon Music, Spotify, Pandora, iHeartRadio, TuneIn, and more using just your voice
- Introducing Alexa calling and messaging, a new way to be together with family and friends. Just ask Alexa to call or message anyone with an Echo, Echo Dot, or the Alexa App.
- Fills the room with immersive, 360º omni-directional audio
- Hears you from across the room with far-field voice recognition, even while music is playing
- Answers questions, reads the news, reports traffic and weather, reads audiobooks from Audible, gives info on local businesses, provides sports scores and schedules, and more using the Alexa Voice Service
- Controls lights, fans, switches, thermostats, garage doors, sprinklers, locks, and more with compatible connected devices from WeMo, Philips Hue, Samsung SmartThings, Nest, ecobee, and others
- Always getting smarter and adding new features, plus thousands of skills like Uber, Domino’s, DISH, and more
Oh, and did we mention the Echo Dot is on sale at its lowest price of all time as well?
Key Prime Day 2017 Links:
- Check the BGR Deals Hub constantly for all the latest and greatest deals
- Visit Amazon’s Prime Day 2017 page regularly to see new deals as they pop up
- Sign up for a free 30-day Amazon Prime trial if you’re not already a subscriber – you can’t shop Prime Day deals unless you’re a Prime member
Follow @BGRDeals on Twitter to keep up with the latest and greatest deals we find around the web.
BGR Deals content is independent of Editorial and Advertising, and BGR may receive a commission on purchases made through our posts.