“Smart home” devices didn’t quite explode in popularity like market researchers insisted they would a few years ago. One of the biggest barriers is the fact that there are so many different standards and platforms that aren’t compatible, so it’s confusing to consumers. That said, there are a few categories of smart home devices that have definitely broken through to the mainstream. Smart thermostats and home security cameras are two good examples, but a new emerging one is the “smart doorbell.” These simple devices stream live video to your phone, tablet, or computer whenever anyone rings your bell, and they also feature two-way voice communications to you can talk to the person at your door.
There are a few solid options out there for smart doorbells, but the Ring Video Doorbell Pro is clearly a favorite among shoppers. It normally retails for $250, but it’s on sale on Amazon right now if you hurry.
- Versatile Smartphone compatibility: works with select iOS and android devices,Wi-Fi connectivity-2.4 GHz or 5 GHz Wi-Fi: makes it easy to link with your home wireless network
- Download the Ring app to view footage and receive alerts on your mobile device: you can keep an eye on your home and speak with visitors, all from a remote location
- Record wide-angle high-definition video: maintain a clear view of your home’s entrance for optimal security, optional cloud recording lets you view footage at a later time
- Automatically record footage and receive alerts when motion is detected: motion sensors let you know when someone is at your door
- Night vision: infrared LED’s allow you to record footage, even in dim lighting,See and speak with visitors: 2-way audio with noise cancellation with crystal clear 1,080p HD video
Follow @BGRDeals on Twitter to keep up with the latest and greatest deals we find around the web.
BGR Deals content is independent of Editorial and Advertising, and BGR may receive a commission on purchases made through our posts.