Microsoft’s next major Windows 10 update is called Creators Update, and it’s targeting creators. Unsurprisingly, Microsoft spent a lot of time on stage last week talking about some features in Windows 10 CU that aren’t going to be necessarily useful from the get-go — I’m looking at you, 3D gimmicks.
But the update, due at some point in early 2017, will have some other useful features that most Windows 10 users will appreciate, no matter if they’re creators or not.
The following Microsoft video captures some of the new features coming in the Creators Update that were not detailed on stage. Thurrott.com listed the most important ones:
- Groove Music Maker — a simple music creation tool that will be baked right into Windows 10
- Pen Functionality in Word — striking through text in Word with a pen will delete it
- Edge Tab Browser — the feature will let you navigate open tabs with the page-preview open
- Edge session manager — a feature to make restoring tabs from a previous session easier
- Action Center UI changes — Quick action items have smaller blocks, and audio and brightness get sliders
- Accent Colors
- Settings Updates — a new video area, help section, and related links will be available in the settings apps
- Windows Store — new personalization tab that will sell themes for Windows 10
- People Bar
- Maps – interface updates and a new collection feature
- Windows Defender — the UI will match the rest of Windows 10
It’s likely Microsoft will add other changes to Windows 10 CU in the future. Meanwhile, check the video below to see it in action.