Would you like to get $149 of photo-editing software for free right now? Of course you would! And you’re in luck because Google has made its premium Nik Collection photography software completely free to download and use. The software, which is normally priced at $149, was acquired by Google in 2012 and it features a wide array of photo editing tools that will make your pictures look like they were taken by a professional.
“The Nik Collection is comprised of seven desktop plug-ins that provide a powerful range of photo editing capabilities — from filter applications that improve color correction, to retouching and creative effects, to image sharpening that brings out all the hidden details, to the ability to make adjustments to the color and tonality of images,” Google explains.
Here are all the programs that are part of the Nik Collection:
- Analog Efex Pro: “Explore the look and feel of classic cameras, films, and lenses.”
- Color Efex Pro: “A comprehensive set of filters for color correction, retouching, and creative effects.”
- Silver Efex Pro: “Master the art of black-and-white photography with darkroom-inspired controls.”
- Viveza: “Selectively adjust the color and tonality of your images without complicated masks or selections.”
- HDR Efex Pro: “From natural to artistic, explore the full potential of HDR photography.”
- Sharpener Pro: “Bring out hidden details consistently with the professional’s choice for image sharpening.”
- Dfine: “Improve your images with noise reduction tailored to your camera.”
You can download the entire software package for yourself at this link.