Why oh why do smartphone makers build awesome wireless charging technology into their handsets and then sell them without including a wireless charging pad in the box? Would it really hurt their bottom lines so much? The answer is no.
If JETech can sell a sleek ultra-slim charging pad for $12 shipped on Amazon, there is absolutely no reason why huge companies like Samsung can’t include a similar product in the box, though we doubt it will look anywhere near as cool as the JETech Ultra-Slim Wireless Charging Pad (which, incidentally, looks a whole lot like this the Etekcity digital bathroom scale, but that’s a whole different story).
Here are some key details from the Amazon product page:
- Wireless Charging: simply place down any Qi-enabled device or device equipped with a Qi-compatible cover, no cables or USB interface required
- Equipped with power-efficient idle mode that never overcharges your battery or wastes energy
- Friendly LED Indicator Lights. Input: 5V/2A; Output: 5V/1A
- Works for Galaxy Note 5, LG G4, Galaxy S6, Nexus 6, Moto Droid Turbo, Nexus 5/7(2013)/4, Nokia Lumia 1020/920/928, MOTO Droid Maxx/Droid Mini, HTC Droid DNA, HTC Rzound,Blackberry Z30, Pentax WG-III camera, and Other Qi-Enabled Phones and Tablets
- Package includes: JETech Wireless Charger, micro USB cable, 6-Month warranty
Of note, this sleek wireless charger has a 4-star rating from nearly 1,000 customer reviews.
JETech Ultra-Slim Wireless Charging Pad: $11.99 with free Prime shipping
Follow @BGRDeals on Twitter to keep up with the latest and greatest deals we find around the web
BGR Deals content is independent of Editorial and Advertising, and BGR may receive a commission on purchases made through our posts.